Arrows

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jporcello
500 Club

Re: Arrows

Unread postby jporcello » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:02 am

anyone using the valkyrie setup? would love to hear some feed back before spending that kind of money.
valkyriearchery.com

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
Mossyhorns

Unread postby Mossyhorns » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:03 am

I am too am a firm believer in heavier, thicker spined arrows.i have been shooting full metal jackets for years and can’t see me going to anything different. I just feel that the heavier slower is better than Faster and lighter, I would much rather chop wood with an axe and then to only have a knife
Yeah, well....sometimes nothin can be a real cool hand.
-Cool Hand Luke
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:24 am

muddy wrote:Buy a GoldTip 75/95 spine arrow and throw a 50 or 100 grain brass insert up front. Or go the route of a traditional hunter and put a length of weedeater string inside your arrow to add weight but not affect arrow spine.

75-95 Is a .340 spine. I shoot this arrow. Finished arrow weight for mine is 395 grains. I've never had an issue. I shoot the Hunter XT. So many options if I want. I can add some screw in weights to the back of the inserts if I want more tip weight (I have the aluminum inserts) or do like Muddy says and get heavier brass inserts. This is a great all around arrow that is very durable.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:25 am

hears a good arrow build if you would like too try a heavy arrow it seams too shoot well out of everybody's bow i make it for.

for compound- i use a goldtip hunter xt in 300 or 340 spine then i run a 100g brass inset you can keep using whatever standard 100 too 125 head you like and your total arrow weight will be 500 too 560 gran range on total build. every bow ive built it for has shoot better groups released smoother bucked the wind better and seen major noise reductions.

for a trad bow i build the same thing but use a 500 or 400 spine arrow.

this build is a great hunting arrow that everybody can afford. you dont need too buy all the new expensive small diameter shafts or crazy collars. its just a simple strong reliable and easy access build that most bow shops will carry. just simple glue in your inserts with low temp hot melt so you can save your brass weights. if you want too mess around with weights you can just get the screw in fact weight tool pop your knock and start stacking weight modals too your liking. my hunting build right now uses one 20 grain screw in behind the brass so that i can shoot a lower drag 100g head and keep the weight where i like it with my 125g field points. this setup also seams too eliminate the headache of broadheads not tuning too field points. i can literally fill my quiver with anything i have at hand and not worry if my poi changes out too around 40 yards then different drags from head shapes will change your drops.

all you need too do is build the arrow paper tune then fine tune with fact weight system once your close too a bullet hole.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”