My observations over the last 2 1/2 seasons

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

CHMJ0914

My observations over the last 2 1/2 seasons

Unread postby CHMJ0914 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:44 pm

So ya'll I wanted to share my observations with over the last couple seasons and this one so far. The 2016 archery season I hunted the hills pretty hard and killed a good 3 1/2 year old buck. That same year during gun season I killed a good 2 1/2 year old on the marsh. I was walking dogwood edges and jumped hI'm and shot him. That following spring I scouted 2 marshes hardcore. I put in alot of hours scouting both marshes. Found quite a few good bedding areas with big buck sign. Fast forward to archery season 2017, I seen only 2 decent bucks the whole season and 0 during gun. I had a total of 44 sits last year. This year so far I have had a total of 18 sits in the marshes and have not seen a deer. I have seen some buck sign here and there. I've hunted most of the fingers and points in the marshes, and a couple islands. I have also been getting really remote, hunting 1.5 to 1.7 miles from any hunter access. I have seen 0 hunter sign while back there.
So I was curious on when ya'll write a place off. I'm going to give it a break and hunt the hills for cruising bucks the next couple weeks.

Use your reason, but trust in god.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”