Climber vs strap on-noise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kripp53

Re: Climber vs strap on-noise

Unread postby kripp53 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:08 am

One of the main reasons I went with a hang on is for the versatility but I also became a lot quieter. Maybe that has to do with slowing down and taking my time but for the life of me I can not be quit with a climber.

Wild public
Facebook: Joe Mckinney

Unread postby Wild public » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 am

Thanks to everyone for their input. I may need more practice. I did study Dans video thoroughly before purchasing the lone wolf and have used a climber all my life. The one I had before was extremely noisy. That’s why I got the lone wolf. I think I will practice more with paying attention to me feet angle..if I can’t get it quite enough to satisfy me the I will look into other options .. not planning on anything new this season but thinking of next season. Thanks everyone
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 pm

I can be extremely quiet in my Summit climber if I slow down and take my time. A lot also depends on the bark on the tree you choose to climb.
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:25 am

dan wrote:I can climb a tree with a hand climber very quiet. Its a matter of using it correctly with the step back way of climbing and not dragging it on the bark. Its very difficult to climb with it if you keep your feet in one position. I used to demonstrate the L/W hand climber at deer shows and sometimes I would get people who would want there money back cause it was difficult to climb with or noisy, then I would say sure, but 1st can I show you how to climb easy without noise? And everyone whom I showed always kept the stand... Here is a video I made about the hand climber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8h3l_cwWiE

This is a great video. I've been using my hand climber while waiting for Dan's sticks and I was having the same issues. I figured out on my own about taking a step back and you can get up a tree extremely fast and quiet. I use the stabilizer straps once i'm ready to hunt and it makes it rock solid. I also have the belt attachment that you can sit on while climbing which makes it much easier. You would need to stealth strip the carabiner on the belt though otherwise it will make noise. The packability and weight is much better than my old summit climber. The way Dan uses the bungee is more efficient than what I was doing too and my tree straps would get snagged on stuff all the time so if I ever need to use the climber again I would strap it like that.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”