How do you have so many spots?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Re: How do you have so many spots?

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:53 am

Bowhuntercoop wrote:Il bite. I’m young at 31 but I’ve killed a good bit of mature bucks bed hunting. Started bed hunting hard around 2010. I grew up in pa and would put in an astronomical amount of time scouting. Summer, in season, and then winter spring super hard. 3-5 days a week after work and on weekends.

I’m blessed that my wife is 10x times smarter then me and is the bread winner. She’s a nurse anesthetist. Now that we moved to Sourh Carolina I work a bs Job that let’s me work as much or as little as I want. My wife knows bowhunting is my passion and has no problem with me hunting, scouting, spending time in the woods compared to boozing or bars.

I have 122k acres of national forest right down the road. Somedays I hunt 10 mins away, other times I’m driving an hr and half. All of my scouting down here has been cyber scouting first then boots on the ground with in season scouting and sits. When I find hot sign I hunt it,
If not I keep on scouting.

After season I will literally wear out a pair of boots from
Winter and spring scouting for next season. Last year I knew we were moving, I still put over 300 hours of scouting in from January till April when we moved. I’m headed back next week and have more areas then I could ever hunt in 2-3 weeks. I’m similar to dan where I don’t hunt the same tree. Unless I bump one or lay eyes on one and he doesn’t bust me, then I’m for sure gunna throw another sit or even 2 at him while he’s still using the area.

It all boils down to how much time ya wanna commit to it. It’s a life style for me. My wife and I fish all the time together and she lets me hunt and scout whenever I want. We decided to not have kids. One reason is cause I hunt and fish so much. It’s a life choice. Find the balance for your situation and make realistic goals.

Great response. This is what I was looking for.

headgear
500 Club

Re: How do you have so many spots?

Unread postby headgear » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 am

To do it right it is really a full time job that you are working year round and putting in a heck of an effort. :lol: It's just that most of us can't put in that amount of time because of other responsibilities so you do your best with the time you have. Still it doesn't have to be that much work, sometimes you can just go in blind or be in the right spot at the right time and shoot a great buck so you just take these tactics and apply them to your area and over time you will have much better results than the average hunter.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”