Wisconsin Tax Exempt Property

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

purebowhunting
500 Club

Wisconsin Tax Exempt Property

Unread postby purebowhunting » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm

On onx, there is land owned by Native American not within the Menomonee Reservation that is listed as public and tax exempt. Do you know if these are open to public, or some kind if special exemption that we're not allowed to hunt but tax exempt?

Findian
500 Club

Re: Wisconsin Tax Exempt Property

Unread postby Findian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

I kinda had the same question but for within the reservation. I contacted onx and got this.

AfootTrack56

Unread postby AfootTrack56 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 am

Not sure if it’s public or not. If it’s native owned I’d assume not.
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:43 am

I would assume not. Unless it’s in mflo or fcl. My tribe also has land that is not within the Rez boundary’s the catch is I can only hunt it if I buy a state Tag. I would call down to the tribes land department and ask to see if you could legally hunt it. They may give you permission to do so.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 am

^^^^wow. Now that’s funny. Have you ever been on a Rez? Let’s just say my experiences on them have not been very nice....or safe.
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 am

I go on the Rez just about every day. Want to come hunt on one, you can see what it’s like, season starts in July runs thru January 24/7 hunting no tags use any weapon you want. I had a cousin that shined and killed 20 something bucks last year. Some brutes at that. As far as not being nice or safe I don’t know I rather be on the Rez then in the getto I was in in Milwaukee.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:56 am

Findian wrote:I go on the Rez just about every day. Want to come hunt on one, you can see what it’s like, season starts in July runs thru January 24/7 hunting no tags use any weapon you want. I had a cousin that shined and killed 20 something bucks last year. Some brutes at that. As far as not being nice or safe I don’t know I rather be on the Rez then in the getto I was in in Milwaukee.

Are those regs only for land within the Rez? Or for all tribal land?

I have some by me. Not looking to hunt it, I’m just curious
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Jonny wrote:
Findian wrote:I go on the Rez just about every day. Want to come hunt on one, you can see what it’s like, season starts in July runs thru January 24/7 hunting no tags use any weapon you want. I had a cousin that shined and killed 20 something bucks last year. Some brutes at that. As far as not being nice or safe I don’t know I rather be on the Rez then in the getto I was in in Milwaukee.

I guess I should refraze what I said. My tribes tribal members can do that if you not a member of the tribe you still have to buy and follow state laws. If you a member of a different tribe you have to buy a state tag and follow state laws this is for within Rez. Off Rez we have to follow glifwc regulations for public lands. Now if I were to hunt my grandparents farm not within the reservation I have to buy a state tag for archery and gun.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Findian wrote:
Jonny wrote:

I guess I should refraze what I said. My tribes tribal members can do that if you not a member of the tribe you still have to buy and follow state laws. If you a member of a different tribe you have to buy a state tag and follow state laws this is for within Rez. Off Rez we have to follow glifwc regulations for public lands. Now if I were to hunt my grandparents farm not within the reservation I have to buy a state tag for archery and gun.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”