Which weather app is e everyone using?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brandonkinchen
500 Club
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/brandon.kinchen.1?ref=bookmarks

Re: Which weather app is e everyone using?

Unread postby Brandonkinchen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm

ScottSpitzley wrote:I use to strictly use Wunderground. Now that the new app "Deercast" is out I think I may give that a try this season while it's free.

Using both!

"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood." -Sebastien de Castell
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 pm

RadarScope is hands down the best radar app you will find. It is what I use as a meteorologist on a daily basis. However it will cost you $10. For daily forecasts weather.gov is your best bet. For historical weather, wunderground.com is probably the simplest route to go, although a lot of their historical weather can be sourced from pretty random weather stations including personal home weather stations, which often are not calibrated properly. Take wunderground's historical data with a grain of salt.

On a final note, your stock weather app on your phone is TRASHHHHH. I'm also not a fan of accuweather. Anyone that posts a 90 day forecast is beyond moronic in the meteorological world.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Weather Channel App for me.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:03 pm

I like accuweather and weather underground for forecast, as they are both very detailed. I like weatherbug the best for radar if I'm worried about rain. It's radar is by far the best.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 pm

I use a general app -I note the wind direction and determine how I will access a property.... I verify when I get there and set up accordingly. Since I hunt a new tree each time, I literally set up where I want - which tree depends on what is happening in that spot. Wind speed, Foliage, water, terrain and thermals all will all effect what is playing out on the ground and factor into where I set up. Besides, no app stays up to our ever changing weather in the south. What they call a South wind can turn out to be SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW etc. on the ground.
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:11 pm

Thanks everyone, I downloaded weather underground and the wind seems very accurate around the fronts and storms with this app. These are the prime times to be in the woods and having an accurate weather report is critical. Thanks again.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”