Going for it this Friday

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Going for it this Friday

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:21 am

Hope to see a bloody arrow posted soon.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:24 am

Beauford wrote:So I picked a tree out this spring in this area based on the last 2 years of seeing big bucks. I just couldn't seal the deal on those bucks. Just checked weather for friday & Now looks like some east wind. See what it looks like on Friday. Might be picking a different tree based on the wind & sign.

What weather site did you check? WU says west wind switching to NW....which is just what I need for a spot I'm thinking of for Friday.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:05 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:
Beauford wrote:So I picked a tree out this spring in this area based on the last 2 years of seeing big bucks. I just couldn't seal the deal on those bucks. Just checked weather for friday & Now looks like some east wind. See what it looks like on Friday. Might be picking a different tree based on the wind & sign.

What weather site did you check? WU says west wind switching to NW....which is just what I need for a spot I'm thinking of for Friday.

Scoutlook says the same thing. East winds don’t start again till Saturday morning. Little far out yet to know for sure but both WU and Scoutlook have been pretty darn accurate for me looking a few days ahead.
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 am

Now it says wnw wind at 20 -30 mph. That will be perfect for this sit. I need to sit it before the bucks will change the destination fields they head out to eat at night. With the wind I will be able to get in clean with out bumping anything.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 am

I hope you knock him down.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”