Flooding Adjustmets

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

swwave24

Flooding Adjustmets

Unread postby swwave24 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm

First sit of the year didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted. Flooding had shut off the deer movement in the in an area I had decent hopes. Buck bedding close, with white oaks dropping close.

Couldn’t find a single track on my way in. I had a trail camera having deer regular on it until the flooding hit. Interesting how the pattern completely changed, after flooding hit. I might throw another sit in the location a month from now, so deer are able to move back in. Don’t think the area got a fair shot.

Learned how much flooding really makes a difference in a river bottom marsh. Happy with the sit, because I learned a lesson. Looking forward to making proper adjustments tomorrow!

Anyone else dealing with flooding and having to adjust?

Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Re: Flooding Adjustmets

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Have had roughly 5”-8”of rainfall locally in the last 24 hours and season opens in 9 days. More rain forecasted through the week but lower chances. Going to take the kayak out scouting tomorrow and see what the water levels look like. The deer will be forced to move to higher ground bedding which isn’t a bad thing. Will eliminate a lot of places to bed but at the same time could be difficult with all the green foliage still abundant. May be some oddball bedding getting used.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”