Holy Mosquitoes!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bkraus

Re: Holy Mosquitoes!

Unread postby bkraus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Dewey wrote:At least the mosquitoes are good for something. :laughing-rolling:

Ha! I couldn't even imagine how unsettling it's got to be to walk into a field or woods with out the gear to fend off these skeeters. I was out last night and with this rain it got worse. Lucky for the wind.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Dewey wrote:At least the mosquitoes are good for something. :laughing-rolling:

:lol: :lol:
Airborne

Unread postby Airborne » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 am

Hunted Wed. the only exposed part of my body was a cutout in the face mask. by the time i got to the car...Image

P.S. if the img don't load, i have over 30 bites all around my eyes... My wife thinks i am crazy because i am going back to feed them suckers today. hopefully wind will help.
burtle

Unread postby burtle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:10 pm

It isn't fun! Season hasn't started for me yet (October 1st) But like a lot of you have said. They are BAD this year.

I can't walk outside without getting bit by 5-6 of them.

My legs and arms are covered. Its terrible. I'll have my thermacell Oct 1st and what ever else will help keep them away. Hopefully we have a very very cold winter that will kill a lot of these pests off.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:21 am

With yesterday's high winds I didn't have to turn on my thermacell. I swatted a few walking out in the dark but not too bad. They'll be back in full force with light winds I bet.
bkraus

Unread postby bkraus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:09 am

well I'm finding out how important thermal cell refills are, and bug spray this time of year, every where local is sold out! Had to order refills on Amazon. Any one else having issues?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:58 am

bkraus wrote:well I'm finding out how important thermal cell refills are, and bug spray this time of year, every where local is sold out! Had to order refills on Amazon. Any one else having issues?

Spray is sold out at all the stores around here as well. Haven’t checked but betting Thermacell refills are too. Glad I was well stocked up with both.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 am

Dewey wrote:
bkraus wrote:well I'm finding out how important thermal cell refills are, and bug spray this time of year, every where local is sold out! Had to order refills on Amazon. Any one else having issues?

Spray is sold out at all the stores around here as well. Haven’t checked but betting Thermacell refills are too. Glad I was well stocked up with both.

Refills are sold out. On guy told me even the manufacture is out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 am

academy has tons of refill kits
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Anyone ever use RynoSkin to drive off mosquitos for early season hunts?
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”