Factors in bucks abandoning an area??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Evanszach7

Re: Factors in bucks abandoning an area??

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 pm

mheichelbech wrote:Thanks for the replies. I agree it is a difficult question with experiences across the board. I was hoping for a lot of replies and sort of see what’s at the top of the bell curve.

Also wondering, how can you tell if the pressure you are applying (assuming they aren’t getting too much pressure elsewhere) is impacting the buck’s movement. What sign gives you an indication?
. That can be tough... trail cam pattern/time (later time or no show), tracks or lack there of, missing historical rubs.

I think some guys might also think they’ve over pressured a buck when it could just be other factors have changed: food, pre-rut/rut/etc, more dominant buck moving in, the buck died for whatever reason. Without having a couple years history with a certain buck and somewhat of his pattern it’s pretty tough. I aim for being really aggressive and following 1st time/best time. You might not over pressure him at all and he’s gone anyways. Deer woods change day to day not Saturday to Saturday.

Return to “Deer Hunting”