My 2018 season goals

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

My 2018 season goals

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:51 am

My time spent on hunting related stuff has been almost nonexistent for the past 8 or 9 months. I didn’t really plan it that way it just happened. I only scouted a few times after the season ended. Haven’t done a whole lot of anything deer related.

Even though I didn’t plan it, it’s been good to step back and have a chance to think about the reasons I hunt and what’s important. So naturally my goals are a little different this year.

Number one goal is to enjoy every minute of the time I do get out. I don’t want to take it for granted. I’m still young enough and healthy enough to go the extra mile and that’s a blessing.

Number two goal is to have fun. Be aggressive and go after it. Try some stalks, do some still hunting. What’s more fun than trying to put the sneak on a deer? If I don’t succeed so what!

Number three goal is to get my kids out a bunch. A big part of my close relationship with my Dad was built on those fall and winter days following him through the woods and the time we shared together. I want that aspect built into my relationship with my children.

Number four goal is to hunt more with friends. I’ve been guilty of getting so caught up in my personal pursuit of certain deer or certain properties and I’ve forgotten to include others more and use that as a chance to build closer friendships.

So that’s it. It ain’t all about the deer it’s all about the adventure and experiences. I’ll thank God for every chance I have to get outside and enjoy his creation! And I’ll remember him in all I do!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
ndtim

Re: My 2018 season goals

Unread postby ndtim » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 am

All of those sound like great goals.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 am

I'm thinkin you'll have a pretty darn good season. Good luck
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am

8-)

Good luck this season wlog.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 am

Sound like solid goals for the season. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”