Moon phase.. best phase to hunt using Beast tactics

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Moon phase.. best phase to hunt using Beast tactics

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:54 am

Swampbuck wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:I have always held to the belief that the best moon phase for hunting is when the moon is revolving around the Earth… when I find those conditions I quickly head to the woods.

This is the best advice anyone could ever give you. Hunters worrying about the moon are like ugly women fretting over their hair and makeup; in the end they're still tore up from the floor up.

What does that even mean. The OP wasn't worrying about it, he was asking what was the most active phase. I dont get the analogy lol

:lol: It means well played Dave. Well played.

Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 am

<DK> wrote:
Swampbuck wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:I have always held to the belief that the best moon phase for hunting is when the moon is revolving around the Earth… when I find those conditions I quickly head to the woods.

This is the best advice anyone could ever give you. Hunters worrying about the moon are like ugly women fretting over their hair and makeup; in the end they're still tore up from the floor up.

What does that even mean. The OP wasn't worrying about it, he was asking what was the most active phase. I dont get the analogy lol

Oh Dave's was funny, no doubt about it lol! The other one was out there lol
Make It Happen
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am

Swampbuck wrote:
<DK> wrote:
Swampbuck wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:

I think it means were so ugly that we have to sneak up on a mirror
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:39 pm

<DK> wrote:
Swampbuck wrote:
<DK> wrote:
Swampbuck wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:

I think it means were so ugly that we have to sneak up on a mirror

Basically yeah, and I stopped worrying about how my hair looks a long time ago when it started going gray :lol:
Derril Glen
Facebook: Derril Glen Blanchard

Unread postby Derril Glen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm

I think some of yal got my question twisted. I'm a very compulsive hunter and I hunt in an area that is very hard to even kill a doe with a rifle and I only bow hunt because I'm addicted to the rush of a bow kill nothing compares to it. I'm on the stand every day I'm home. I work in the oilfield so I'm gone and home 3 weeks at a time. I take every chance I get to go hunting and the only thing that keeps me off the stand is family and work. But I also put every factor in to play when and where I'm gonna hunt which in the past I've had permanent stands and this is my first year hunting these tactics. Since I couldn't just walk into the woods and kill a deer any time I wanted I learned how to be successful and put meat in the freezer with my bow by putting the weather, temperature, wind, moon phases, and scent control into my hunt even tho I was killing does and small bucks it was working but I was searching for something to step my game up and get me a mature buck and then I found the Beast and I found out I've been hunting wrong for 20 yrs now but I was dedicated and insane. With me hunting with a bow in a very pressured area and killing deer where people struggle with a rifle I believe these tactics will make me deadly. I was just trying to get some input on moon phases if anybody uses the moon to see if I needed to hunt later in the mornings or an all day sit based on what moon and oh/UF. Every day is a good day to hunt to me. I wanted to know if the moon affected deer using these tactics but thank yal for the information especially the valuable ones because I already know everyday is a good day to hunt
Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows, and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Genesis 27:3
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:21 am

There was another thread on here awhile back that discussed deer feeding slightly longer and coming to bed later in the morning on certain moon phases or OH/UF. It may even be the thread that was pasted into this one. Does anyone have any observations that correlate?

The one private land piece I have access to is a powerline corridor of cattails that is basically a highway from an apple orchard to a corn field. There's a ridge to the west on adjacent private land that does and bucks bed on. I can see them moving up to the ridge in November after the leaves drop but cant hunt them over there. I've noticed that certain mornings they are bedded down way before I get on stand, but there are other times (a lot less frequent) where I see doe groups moving back to the ridge from food much later in the morning. I've never gone back and checked the moon on those dates.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”