Super quiet pack?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Monroe110

Re: Super quiet pack?

Unread postby Monroe110 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:47 am

Ghoast are you able to shoot bow ok with the Alaska Guide Creations? I have been eyeing them up just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I was a little concerned about the bulk

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:16 pm

My dad is making a pack for me out of some high quality fleece material. Reminded me of this thread. He is retired now and is staying busy with stuff like this. I will post up a pic when its done. Agree about most of the packs. They are loud. Plus most have about 10 pockets when I only need one or two.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:43 pm

I use the badlands Monster. Absolutely love it, I never feel like the zippers are loud. Granted I get up in the tree and open it halfway and leave it that way. I've never felt like I've had a zipper that is too loud on a pack, I guess I just open it slow. Ive had plenty of deer within 20 yards when I open my packs to get a camera out and they've never been alerted.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:For season I’m in search of a no sound mini pack. Anyone know of any?

I have several packs here at the house but have noisy fabric or zippers.

Bow season it’s really hard to fit binoculars and rangefinder in pockets.

this one is hard too beat ive been using it for twenty plus years now https://dayonecamouflage.com/accessorie ... ack-fleece
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:32 pm

Monroe110 wrote:Ghoast are you able to shoot bow ok with the Alaska Guide Creations? I have been eyeing them up just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I was a little concerned about the bulk

it wont interfere at all
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:05 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
Southern Buck wrote:Have you ever thought about getting a bow vest? I have one by primos. Got a generation 1 version on eBay for like $18. Holds everything I need. I don’t even carry a pack anymore which is incredibly liberating. One of the best pieces of equipment I own.

Thanks Southern Buck going to give it a try. I picked one up new primos gen 1 bowhunter on closeout for 27.00.

Never had a hunting vest before I just hope it’s quiet in the field.

Been considering this same thing. I saw one of Dan’s videos about what all he packs in and it literally all fit in his safety vest. Incredible. Gonna give this a shot - just picked up a Gen 1 on eBay for $19. Thanks!
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
Southern Buck

Unread postby Southern Buck » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

funderburk wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
Southern Buck wrote:Have you ever thought about getting a bow vest? I have one by primos. Got a generation 1 version on eBay for like $18. Holds everything I need. I don’t even carry a pack anymore which is incredibly liberating. One of the best pieces of equipment I own.

Thanks Southern Buck going to give it a try. I picked one up new primos gen 1 bowhunter on closeout for 27.00.

Been considering this same thing. I saw one of Dan’s videos about what all he packs in and it literally all fit in his safety vest. Incredible. Gonna give this a shot - just picked up a Gen 1 on eBay for $19. Thanks!

No problem. Hope it serves you well.
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
tundra

Unread postby tundra » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:36 am

About 3 years ago I went to a vest. It did not work out, but I like the idea of it..... so I looked and looked, mostly at sportsman rummage sales and such. 2 seasons ago, my daughter bought me a fish pod, its a fishing vest, super light, breathable on the sides etc, and fit very close to the body, it was quiet, dull green, and I also could use it, under clothing if needed.

I started to try it out for bow hunting, and found that I could shoot my long bow and compound, with no issues. The pocket design, opens quietly, and all my little stuff I need, fit in all my pockets plus, the beauty of the system, is that I could get at stuff, with little to no movement, while on stand. It also holds my water bottle, on the back. when I get to my stands, I always have a home made cup holder, that I screw into the tree, to hold my water, and I usually have a straw in it, so I can easily sip, again with little movement,,,,,

This little vest has done wonders for me, its like wearing a shirt...... I still use it trout fishing, and dries fast when wet,,,,,

I only use a day pack now, when spring scouting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just an idea you might want to look into
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 am

ScottSpitzley wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:I like my satchel w leather buckle straps

"It's not a purse..it's a Satchel... HEY, there's Skittles in there!"

My exact thoughts :lol:
“You have to pay your dues”
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 am

Southern Buck wrote:
funderburk wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

No problem. Hope it serves you well.

Got my vest the other day! It’s perfect for what I’ve been looking for. Thanks again!
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”