Victory Extorsion Arrow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Evanszach7
500 Club

Victory Extorsion Arrow

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm

20 minutes in: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wor ... 5a53266d99

I’ve been thinking about switching to FMJs this year but caught a glimpse of the Victory Extorsion from an ATA review. I’m by no means that knowledgeable about arrows but began getting more interested in upping my FOC after last season. Any thoughts on Victory or the Extorsion? Sounds legit and a lot of forums seemed to be buzzing about this. Just looking for some guidance before spending a good chunk on an unproven product compared to a FMJ. Thanks!

Enkriss
500 Club

Re: Victory Extorsion Arrow

Unread postby Enkriss » Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm

I was intrigued when I heard about them but $160/dz for .006 straightness and $180/dz for .003 straightness seem a bit overpriced.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 pm

If you are going for high FOC its easier to achieve with a light stiff shaft with a lot of weight up front. A heavy shaft with the same amount of weight up front, say 150 grains, will have lower FOC. So look for a light stiff shaft not a heavy one to build up FOC. Get some weights that screw into the back of your inserts or just use heavy points.

I have not tried the xtorsion, but the victory arrows I have tried (just carbon fiber) were not the toughest. Seemed like they snapped pretty easily. Hopefully this one would be a lot better.
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 am

I would never pay that much for arrows... but have shot victory vforce carbon arrows for many years. Have never experienced any issues with durability. Solid, dependable, and fly straight.

Personally wont shoot metal arrows anymore, and sort of scratch my head when companies introduce hybrid arrows on the market. I'm well over the days of aluminum and personally thankful not to have to straighten arrows or worry about them getting bent out of true.

If the goal is high FOC then it can be achieved without spending that much on shafts... inserts and broadhead weight go a long way.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 am

X2. If your goal is higher FOC it'll be easier to achieve with lighter GPI. I would assume they're fairly tough and should habe good spine consistency but I have not actually tested them.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:11 pm

Don't have them...

But I do shoot the VAPS. Have the 95gr SS insert and 125gr heads. Puts me at like 21%ish FOC..I think I'm around 550gr finished and still around 270fps out of my Insanity CPXL with my dinosaur arms and lighter draw weight. I'm very pleased with all of it.

I sent the same arrow through a coyote, a longbeard and a doe. All blew straight through and the arrow was fine.

I haven't had durability issues. I was a bit concerned being such a tiny shaft but the walls are super thick.

The inserts we're a bit tough to get to stick with my blob Target but found a glue that worked.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”