R.I.P. Stan...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Re: R.I.P. Stan...

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri May 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Always had a ton of respect for Stan, even though I never met him.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Carol and I took the long ride down to Iowa to pay our respects yesterday... There was a very long line of people waiting to tell his wife Jan how much he meant to them and to say how sorry they were. She commented on this post and said she read every word and was so impressed that everyone here cared so much about Stan. They had one of Stans bucks mounted on the wall and under it were his croc's, some shed antlers, and an antler ring he made for his granddaughter. His ashes were in a ammo can with his red and white cap on top...

I heard some chatter of his hunting accomplishments for sure, but what really stood out was everyone talked about how great of a man, a father, and a grand father he was...
Loppy

Unread postby Loppy » Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm glad that you got to go Dan. I was wondering how it went yesterday. What an awesome tribute to have his hat, the ammo can, and of course his crocs there with him. It is not to surprising that you heard what a great man he was. He seemed like one of those guys that just knowing him made you a little bit better.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat May 12, 2018 2:27 am

In case anybody missed it there is a great video tribute to Stanley that his family put together at the bottom of this page.

https://www.schultzfuneralhomes.com/not ... ey-Schmidt

Really nice seeing all of those pics especially the ones with his family but also a few hunting related one’s that we never saw.
rff

Unread postby rff » Sat May 12, 2018 4:55 am

God Bless you and your Family Stanley.
strutnrut716
500 Club

Unread postby strutnrut716 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:26 am

RIP Stan..

You wont be forgotten...
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:51 am

Very sad. Rest in peace Stan. We'd all be better off if we took a page or two out of his book.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Dewey put this tribute up to Stan, and I thought it should be shared on this thread as well...

Stanley meant so much to so many here freely sharing his wisdom with everyone. I know many will no doubt agree with me that he made us all better hunters during his time spent with us on the Beast. He was a special guy and will never be forgotten. This is my way of showing appreciation.

RIP my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WPcMFbiEnc

Thanks to everyone that helped gather these pics. Wish I had more but think these are a perfect representation of not only a great hunter he was but also the great man. We were so lucky to have him here and his legacy will live on forever with his posts. His wise advice will forever guide us. He was the true definition of a Hunting Beast.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sun May 13, 2018 12:29 am

Stan really helped me look through a property when I first joined the beast and I like many was blessed by his example and ability to help others improve their ability to hunt! grateful for Stan the man, will be missed!
thank you Stanley for everything, RIP
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 am

Wow, I hadn't been on in a minute so this is pretty shocking to read. Prayers to his family.

One thing I always noticed was his viewpoint on family and making it clear that time is far more special than chasing horns. Sounds like he figured out a way to to both and really focused on family in the latter half of his life.

He's not a bad looking fellow when he smiles!!
Make It Happen
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Sun May 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Rest In Peace Stan, it’s going to be different without him around here.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon May 14, 2018 1:15 am

Thursday evening after a train wreck of a day found me an hour and a half from DeWitt and two hours from the city council meeting that I needed to attend and would have to book it to make. I remember as I did the math in my head I was swearing in frustration, another 12 hour work day getting in the way of something else I should be doing. I am going to regret that day for a while. I never met Stan face to face but felt like I got to know you from our years of interactions on here.

I am sorry I missed your funeral my friend. From every post filled with wisdom, to every deadpan expression trophy photo, to those absurd crocs, I loved it all.
BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 am

R.I.P. Stan
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon May 14, 2018 5:53 am

Great tributes to a great man. Both the video on the funeral home page, and the youtube one posted here were both a great tribute. It is very impressive to see how much of a contribution he made here through all the fantastic posts on this thread.

What a void his passing has left here, I can't imagine how his family misses him. Prayers for you family Stan.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 am

The Beast will be different for sure without Stanley’s input. He always had a way with words that really brought out common sense. His honesty about things and telling it excactly how he saw it was so refreshing. There was no sugar coating things with him and I highly respected that.

Been reading a lot of his old posts soaking it all in. I always knew he was special but as always you never can appreciate just how special people were until they are gone. We were so lucky to have him around.

If anybody finds any of Stanley’s old threads please bump them to the top so we can all enjoy them again.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”