R.I.P. Stan...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: R.I.P. Stan...

Unread postby dan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am

Dewey wrote:The Beast will be different for sure without Stanley’s input. He always had a way with words that really brought out common sense. His honesty about things and telling it excactly how he saw it was so refreshing. There was no sugar coating things with him and I highly respected that.

Been reading a lot of his old posts soaking it all in. I always knew he was special but as always you never can appreciate just how special people were until they are gone. We were so lucky to have him around.

If anybody finds any of Stanley’s old threads please bump them to the top so we can all enjoy them again.

If you go in Stan's profile (or anyones for that matter) You can click on view recent posts and see all his posts in date order.

perchsoup

Unread postby perchsoup » Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 am

Really sad news. I really admired his humility and standing by his values and beliefs. Never met him, but always stopped to read his posts because I always learned something. Going to miss learning from him. Rest in peace Stan.
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 pm

I really enjoyed reading Stans posts.
He had some great input and was a class act.
:violence-bowandarrow:
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Very sad news indeed. Its amazing the impact that one individual can have on so many people. My sincere condolences to Stans' friends and family. The Beast will never be the same thats for sure.

Chad
HighNtree

Unread postby HighNtree » Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 am

Godspeed to Stan on his journey and love and respect to his family.
csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Unread postby csoult » Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 am

I've been busy and missed this. Very sad, I always enjoyed reading Stan's posts. He'll be up there hunting the big ones.
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 am

Very sad and tragic news. I always enjoyed his posts and input on various scenarios other members were in. His kill thread pictures were classic
DeeReaper

Unread postby DeeReaper » Wed May 16, 2018 6:06 am

R.I.P. Stan
Always enjoyed what he had to say and share on this site.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt. Proverbs 12:27
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 am

Stan was an all around great person. That was evident in his posts. So sorry to hear about his passing.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Stan's wife sent me this picture of Stans Croc's to post here. Saying "He hated to give up on anything that had an ounce of life left" I laughed out loud thinking about my boots falling apart... 8-)

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am

RIP Stan. I never met him even though we didn't live that far apart. I did buy some trailcam memory cards from him via mail, upstanding deal from an upstanding man.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5fH9AJtbY

Since Stan recently passed on I felt drawn to listen to this podcast with Stan one more time a little closer... Part of it caught me by surprise, he talked about a hunt in 1990 that was particularly tough and said how he got his shot the last 1/2 hour of the last day of the season... I don't remember exactly when on a a lot of my hunts anymore, but I sure remember 1990, cause it was a tough year for me too, and I shot my buck that year right at the buzzer on the last day... So when Stan said that it really made me think... Then, he follows it up with that he shot a buck in that same spot, the next year (1991) on thanksgiving day! Unbelievably, thanksgiving day 1991 is the day I shot my highest scoring buck...
ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 pm

So sad to hear Stan was a great hunter and a fantastic member of this site.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 pm

dan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5fH9AJtbY

Since Stan recently passed on I felt drawn to listen to this podcast with Stan one more time a little closer... Part of it caught me by surprise, he talked about a hunt in 1990 that was particularly tough and said how he got his shot the last 1/2 hour of the last day of the season... I don't remember exactly when on a a lot of my hunts anymore, but I sure remember 1990, cause it was a tough year for me too, and I shot my buck that year right at the buzzer on the last day... So when Stan said that it really made me think... Then, he follows it up with that he shot a buck in that same spot, the next year (1991) on thanksgiving day! Unbelievably, thanksgiving day 1991 is the day I shot my highest scoring buck...

That is kinda crazy and cool
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri May 18, 2018 1:02 am

Been thinking of Stan the Man a lot...

I'll never forget him for sure...
In 2014 I visited the mid-west, we both drove 2.5 hours to meet each other at an in between point from where I was staying.
I couldn't believe he would do that, especially as Stan was a very frugal individual. Gas costs a lot of money ya know, he joked!

Stan was a great listener, common-sensed man and had the uncanny ability to rationalize peoples feelings and their rights.

We often talked about his wife, daughter and more so his granddaughter, which was the apple of the grandparents eyes...
Whether it was a road trip to visit his daughter and babysit, or she was to come for the weekend, it was their pure highlight!
He would tell me of their adventures and communications, only the way a grandfather would. Some pretty funny stories as you can imagine from a young child.
He also spoke of other personal matters that I took to heart and will cherish from our long distance relationship.

On my trip to the mid-west Stanley was kind enough too think of me, or maybe it was to tease me, still trying to figure this one out :pray:
This tine came off a buck that his brother in-law had hit with his car, His brother in-law did not hunt so he gave Stanley the head.
I usually carry this with me while hunting to help my quest for a big buck; it will definitely be with me this year!
I think Stanley believed there was some karma that goes with this tine as his brother in-laws name was Eddie... I know I do! :pray:

God Bless You Mrs. Schmidt & Family - you're in my thoughts and prayers
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”