R.I.P. Stan...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: R.I.P. Stan...

Unread postby Dewey » Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Wow!! I’m very sad to hear this. :cry:

I consider Stanley a great friend even though we never met face to face. He was a great hunter and an even better man. I have great respect for him and always listened closely when he spoke. He taught me so much not only about hunting but life in general.

We have truly lost one of the great ones here at the Beast. I’m betting he’s up in heaven right now chasing big bucks.

RIP my friend Stanley.....

tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 pm

The beast lost a great mentor... RIP Stan
Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Very bad news. Prayers for family and friends.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Wed May 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Really sad to hear this....been reading Stan's posts for almost 15 years now. We were lucky to have such a knowledgeable hunter among us here on the Beast, and he will truly be missed. Rest in peace Stanley.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 pm

RIP Stan. I never met the man but had a lot of respect for him. We all lost a great one. What a great hunter, mentor and I’m sure husband, dad and friend. I’m truly saddened. Prayers sent.
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Wed May 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Prayers for Stan's family. Behind every great man a great woman stands. He will be missed by all of us here, for his family, my deepest, sincerest condolences.
SwampThing1980

Unread postby SwampThing1980 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Shocking news!! Stanley was one of my favorite commenters on this forum. As all said before me- a great person (it showed through his posts and advice). My condolences to his family and all that knew him. He will be missed!

I like the dvd tribute idea too.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed May 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Wow, incredibly sad. The way you get to know people on the beast is incredible, and Stan was one of my favorite people on here. The perspective he brought on life, more than just deer hunting, was incredibly wise and useful. Terrible loss for the board and the world. Condolences to his family. He truly did seem like the kind of man you'd want to emulate.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Rest in peace Stan, you were a great dude and amazing hunter. Very sad news, a huge loss for the beast.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 pm

RIP Stan.
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Wow , just saw this , not good at all. Never met Stan but let me say there are many great outdoorsman on this site but when Stanley posted , he's one of the guys I made sure I payed attention to what he wrote . The last thing I remember when reading about his deer hunt last fall was " man I hope I still enjoy getting after em like Stan does at his age , after all his success" . I thought how cool that was . I want to be that guy still doing what I love into my 60s or even 70s . I want to thank Stan now for sharing his passion and knowledge for whitetails .
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm

A sad day.

I remember when he came to the Beast. His views were solid, he wouldn't give in on what he believed in. Regardless whether or not you agreed with him, you had to respect him. A man's man for sure. He will be missed.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am

Words cannot describe what Stan was to this site and to me. He was a role model in how to stand up for yourself as a man as well as a hunter. Everyone has an end, but right now this breaks my heart.

God, this breaks my heart.
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Thu May 10, 2018 12:05 am

Wow, I am saddened, I never thought an internet forum could be so powerful. More than a magazine or book but real people you have conversation with.

I enjoyed his post so much that I made a point to read them every time I seen his name. Most times I would not read the whole thread, just Stanley’s post.

I felt I knew the man and never met him.

I will truly miss him.
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 am

https://www.schultzfuneralhomes.com/not ... ey-Schmidt

Stanley Joseph Schmidt, 68, of DeWitt, Iowa, died unexpectedly from a heart condition Monday, May 7, 2018, at home.

Stan was born April 10, 1950 in Bregenz, Austria. He was raised in DeWitt by Noni and Jud Schmidt. After graduating from DeWitt Central Community Schools, he served in the U.S. Coast Guard for 4 years. Stan worked as a tractor mechanic for Mohr Implement in Eldridge briefly before starting at the Rock Island , retiring in 2004. He married Jan Schlotfeldt in 1975. Together they raised two daughters, Elizabeth and Hannah.

Stan was an avid outdoorsman. He loved to take his girls fishing. He enjoyed hunting on his land in southern Iowa. Stan was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, brother, and friend. He had a unique sense of humor, and was a genuinely good guy.

Stan is survived by his loving wife of 42 years, Jan; his daughter, Liz (Andrew) Charlet and their children, Eliana and Adalyn all of Geneseo, Illinois; a sister Helene (John) Robinson of Riverdale; a brother-in-law, Stan Ewald; and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his daughter, Hannah, his son, Justin, his parents, and a sister, Julie Ewald.

A Memorial Visitation will be held from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 10, 2018, at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. A private interment will be held at Rock Island National Cemetery at a later date.

Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com

There's still time to send flowers to the Memorial Visitation at the Schultz Funeral Homes from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM on May 10, 2018.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”