Marsh Bedding Workshop

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Octang
500 Club

Marsh Bedding Workshop

Unread postby Octang » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:27 pm

This is my second year of beast style hunting. I really wanted to attend the marsh bedding workshop last year, but finances excuses pushed it to the back burner. For the rest of the season, I kinda regretted not ponying up the money for it.

Fast forward to this year: I almost talked myself of going again... I have hunting toys and guns on my neverending shopping list, plus I already watched the marsh bedding DVD multiple times and try to absorb everything on this forum, so did I really need it I thought to myself? It seemed easy to nix going to the workshop again this year.

Well, thankfully I did not talk myself out of it and was able to attend the workshop today. And actually, I am glad I didn't take the class last year. Sure, my 2017 deer season sucked, and this workshop could have made it better, but I feel like having a year of experience and failures made me better equipped understand and apply the knowledge from the workshop this year. I feel like today was the missing puzzle piece I needed to put everything together. I had the knowledge already, from the DVDs and reading this forum, but now I feel prepared to apply it.

So, if you are on the fence about going to one next year, I highly recommend it. Thanks to Dan and Jeff for their effort putting on a great class today.

Net Guy
500 Club

Re: Marsh Bedding Workshop

Unread postby Net Guy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Well said. Like you, I didn't attend last year but did this year. I attended yesterdays session and thought it was fantastic and very informative. Also, I too think it was beneficial for me to have a year of beast-style hunting under my belt prior to the workshop. This workshop taught me new things and confirmed some things I have experienced over the past year.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I also would recommend the workshop whether the marsh or hills based on whatever terrain a person hunts in. To me I haven't hunted beast style and I'm not entirely sure if I will be hunting that way this coming season. One thing I do beast style is my scouting. I'm seeing the terrain better. I'm finding the fingers, points, soft and hard transitions. I'm picking my spots on where to scout rather than just wandering and checking out areas I think would be based on a hunch. And without question it's leading me to more sign. :D
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 am

:clap:
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 am

Octang wrote:This is my second year of beast style hunting. I really wanted to attend the marsh bedding workshop last year, but finances excuses pushed it to the back burner. For the rest of the season, I kinda regretted not ponying up the money for it.

Fast forward to this year: I almost talked myself of going again... I have hunting toys and guns on my neverending shopping list, plus I already watched the marsh bedding DVD multiple times and try to absorb everything on this forum, so did I really need it I thought to myself? It seemed easy to nix going to the workshop again this year.

Well, thankfully I did not talk myself out of it and was able to attend the workshop today. And actually, I am glad I didn't take the class last year. Sure, my 2017 deer season sucked, and this workshop could have made it better, but I feel like having a year of experience and failures made me better equipped understand and apply the knowledge from the workshop this year. I feel like today was the missing puzzle piece I needed to put everything together. I had the knowledge already, from the DVDs and reading this forum, but now I feel prepared to apply it.

So, if you are on the fence about going to one next year, I highly recommend it. Thanks to Dan and Jeff for their effort putting on a great class today.

I agree 100%. Its worth every minute and every penny

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”