You know it is sad when;

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chuck B
500 Club

You know it is sad when;

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 am

I was working out at the YMCA yesterday running on the elliptical machine. They have a video screen on the elliptical that you can watch TV, etc. One of the options is to watch a video that shows the actual hills that you are "climbing", etc , while you are on your training thing you have to select for the elliptical. The video's are shot with drone, and are very life like (like you are running the hills/trails), pretty cool. The sad part is that I noticed after about 5 minutes that I was just subconsciously looking at the screen and the woods that I was "running" through and just looking for military crests and potential bedding areas. I had a good chuckle to myself after I realized what I was doing.

Any of you guys have any "sad" stories that show that we have hunting on our minds too much?!

If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Jackson Marsh

Re: You know it is sad when;

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:09 am

Oh yeah...when driving down the highway I am constantly noticing saddles and possible bedding points in hill country, and brushy points extending into cattails. I CAN'T TURN IT OFF :lol: :lol:
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:10 am

Everyday when I'm driving, I look at woods, swamps, etc. thinking if that is a good place to hold deer. I won't ever walk these properties due to them be private but I still check them out on the way. Sometimes I'll end up swerving because I'm not paying attention to road and more to the areas. I think many can relate.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am

It never turns off. :lol:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 am

Can't even hide from it in my sleep. Just dream of what awaits me a mile into dogwood and cattails underneath the 3 lone oaks
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:39 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Oh yeah...when driving down the highway I am constantly noticing saddles and possible bedding points in hill country, and brushy points extending into cattails. I CAN'T TURN IT OFF :lol: :lol:

^X2...I'm right there with you guys! My wife always says, "What are you looking for"? I lways say, "Deer hunting spots".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 am

It's cause it's in our genes!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:59 am

tgreeno wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:Oh yeah...when driving down the highway I am constantly noticing saddles and possible bedding points in hill country, and brushy points extending into cattails. I CAN'T TURN IT OFF :lol: :lol:

^X2...I'm right there with you guys! My wife always says, "What are you looking for"? I lways say, "Deer hunting spots".

My wife always say’s I drive like an old farmer checking out his crop fields. Driving slow, swerving all over and eyes everywhere but on the road. :lol:
strutnrut716
500 Club

Unread postby strutnrut716 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:15 am

Yup, never turns off ... An now that I have Onx on my phone I check to see who owns the land and if could hunt there. I wont say if I do that while driving or not ..... :doh:
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 am

Most believe I'm a bit loony....most everything ties back to Bambi. Typical dusk car ride w/me always has the "first kid to see one on the edges gets a buck"$$$
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 am

i drive michelle and the kids nuts of what i see and try to show them every detail we drive by and see lol
i hope they miss it when im long gone lmao
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:59 am

I can find deer while driving 70 mph on the highway, but I cannot find the mustard in the fridge. It's bright yellow and right in front of my face.

My wife has threatened to draw antlers on the mustard...

I think it might help!
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 am

Was flying over Missouri & Iowa yesterday, you know picking out marsh bedding from the plane. Wife thought we were on vacation but it was really just an elaborate and expensive scouting trip. :lol:
Zona1

Unread postby Zona1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 pm

I drive my wife nuts when I start identifying trees as we go 70 mph down the highway.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:20 pm

headgear wrote:Was flying over Missouri & Iowa yesterday, you know picking out marsh bedding from the plane. Wife thought we were on vacation but it was really just an elaborate and expensive scouting trip. :lol:

Sounds funny but I have done this as well. Actually it’s the best part about flying. :lol: Also seen moose and bedded deer from float plane in Canada. Nothing like live aerial views. 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”