Concentrated Areas of Rubs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SplitG2

Re: Concentrated Areas of Rubs

Unread postby SplitG2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:01 am

This is a grey discussion as I've wondered the same thing for the last 3 years. While shed hunting a far 3 spring ago, I came upon a small 30'X30' somewhat open area in the middle of 40 acres of very thick woods and in the very small opening there were 12 rubs on spruce trees the size of my thigh....and all were rubbed hard and appeared to be hit several times each. It was awesome. One of those spots where immediately I thought a stand has got to be put up here.

I suspected more than one buck made these because because on a few of them you cold see where small saplings right up against the tree had a few time marks but others didn't. I often thought what ghoasthunter said, that it was a staging spot very close to 2-3 bucks that had bedrooms close together. I'm interested in what everyone has to say about spots like this.

Hunt Hard or Go Home
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 pm

SplitG2 wrote:This is a grey discussion as I've wondered the same thing for the last 3 years. While shed hunting a far 3 spring ago, I came upon a small 30'X30' somewhat open area in the middle of 40 acres of very thick woods and in the very small opening there were 12 rubs on spruce trees the size of my thigh....and all were rubbed hard and appeared to be hit several times each. It was awesome. One of those spots where immediately I thought a stand has got to be put up here.

I suspected more than one buck made these because because on a few of them you cold see where small saplings right up against the tree had a few time marks but others didn't. I often thought what ghoasthunter said, that it was a staging spot very close to 2-3 bucks that had bedrooms close together. I'm interested in what everyone has to say about spots like this.

put a camera on it its quite the show
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:41 pm

they sometimes do this with scrapes too but that happens later in year say last weak of October the rub ones are gold for end of September October
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”