Bedded Doe Group Video

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

checkerfred
500 Club

Bedded Doe Group Video

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Here’s a video I took of does bedded with a young buck. Buck was watching upwind and does downwind.

https://youtu.be/3eR6b2Qtqu0

Babshaft
500 Club

Re: Bedded Doe Group Video

Unread postby Babshaft » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am

That's a cool video! Thanks for sharing!

Were you expecting them to come bed there, or did you have serious ninja skills and sneak in there haha?
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 am

Babshaft wrote:That's a cool video! Thanks for sharing!

Were you expecting them to come bed there, or did you have serious ninja skills and sneak in there haha?

haha, no, I expected the bedding really close by....setup really early and they came in about 60 yards closer to what I thought they would. This is on the little bit of private I have to hunt. What I learned is there is a fence and that fence is the boundary line of safety. Actually a little back from it. Over the years I'd hunt past the fence and one hunt would ruin it. I can get 3-4 hunts out of this setup during rut if I don't cross the fence. There's a thicket 60 yards away in front that I typically see the does bed in. I've killed 3-4 bucks from here over the years and stay out until the peak rut.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am

checkerfred wrote:
Babshaft wrote:That's a cool video! Thanks for sharing!

haha, no, I expected the bedding really close by....setup really early and they came in about 60 yards closer to what I thought they would. This is on the little bit of private I have to hunt. What I learned is there is a fence and that fence is the boundary line of safety. Actually a little back from it. Over the years I'd hunt past the fence and one hunt would ruin it. I can get 3-4 hunts out of this setup during rut if I don't cross the fence. There's a thicket 60 yards away in front that I typically see the does bed in. I've killed 3-4 bucks from here over the years and stay out until the peak rut.

That's awesome man. Good on you for figuring that out. Thanks again for that video
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:21 pm

checkerfred wrote:Here’s a video I took of does bedded with a young buck. Buck was watching upwind and does downwind.

Thats cool. Well you were on the money if you were hnting a bedding area. Lol
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:
checkerfred wrote:Here’s a video I took of does bedded with a young buck. Buck was watching upwind and does downwind.

Thats cool. Well you were on the money if you were hnting a bedding area. Lol

Thanks! Yeah this is purely a rut stand on doe bedding. I’ve learned some things around this area over the years but it’s still a luck type stand. You may or may not see a decent buck. I always learn new things. This year I learned why I didn’t see a good one. People were walking around from adjoining property just hiking. I also set my stand for the second year about 30ft high. I found out 15-20 foot wouldn’t cut it as it’s a bottom pasture area below a ridge. As the thermals rise anything there would bust me. Getting higher keeps my thermals out of their reach if the wind calms briefly. I’m going to hunt the ridge next year too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”