A Beasts passion

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: A Beasts passion

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 am

My passion has always been high. At least thinking about hunting, mainly deer, then elk and bear. Has always been a year round activity.

In the old days I read books, mags. That then grew into watching videos. Also bought the old black & white aerial photos and topos and studied them. Scouted in spring some but never enough. Always enjoyed summer walks, drives and observation sits "lookin' " for deer.

What the Beast has done. Is given me a proven system to use to locate areas to hunt mature bucks where daylight sightings/encounters are at the highest odds. And also has taught me to think "out of the box". Adapting to each different combination of terrain, time of year and individual bucks personalities.

Now I just need to kick my Chronic Lyme disease. So I can actually put in enough quality boots on the ground time. Scouting "and" hunting. To allow this new knowledge to pay off.

Now if that doesn't sound fun, maybe you need to take up crocheting or something!!! ;) :mrgreen:

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:28 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:I definitely hold up traffic when I'm driving around constantly starring at swamps and thickets and small islands and saying to myself I bet that's where the big one is hiding.

My wife is always yealing at me for driving slow past any public. :lol:
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 pm

JAK wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:I definitely hold up traffic when I'm driving around constantly starring at swamps and thickets and small islands and saying to myself I bet that's where the big one is hiding.

do you get text messages saying what time will you be home half hour before dark
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:09 pm

strutnrut716 wrote:Yup, I would say close to full addiction.... and pretty much what everyone else has said !

I have seen more, known more and understood more in the past two years (since finding the beast) compared to my previous 40 + years of deer hunting combined !! And I haven't even shot a buck beast style yet !!! But I think 2018 will be the year !

I agree. I think 2018 will he a great year for me
My outlook and confidence is soaring at a new level
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 am

ghoasthunter wrote:
JAK wrote:

do you get text messages saying what time will you be home half hour before dark

Ya. Yalls wives sound just like mine! :lol: :lol: , When driving by a good swamp my wife is like what the heck you looking at, hurry up!!

And the part about texting when are you gonna get home, i get, i’ll see you at couple of hours after dark! :lol: :lol: she dont even ask anymore :lol:! I just send her one of these 8-) This stuff has me obsessed.! :D
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am

I tell mine see you at dark thirty. Lol
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I have always been passionate about hunting my whole life. The beast has helped me become more focused on what I need to be looking for while scouting. And also where I need to be setting up while hunting.

My passion for scouting has intensified 100 fold!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 pm

UofLbowhunter wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
JAK wrote:

Ya. Yalls wives sound just like mine! :lol: :lol: , When driving by a good swamp my wife is like what the heck you looking at, hurry up!!

And the part about texting when are you gonna get home, i get, i’ll see you at couple of hours after dark! :lol: :lol: she dont even ask anymore :lol:! I just send her one of these 8-) This stuff has me obsessed.! :D

I'm always telling her while she is driving "slow down deer cross right there I don't want you hitting that big 10 or something along that line"
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:39 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
JAK wrote:

Yea and you would think after all the times I've been home 2 hours after dark she would know the answer :lol:
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

JAK wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
JAK wrote:

Yea and you would think after all the times I've been home 2 hours after dark she would know the answer :lol:

I've told her thousands of times that last half hour is magic and the more she texts me the longer it will take to cut the grass lol
Bonehead

Unread postby Bonehead » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 am

I’ve been hunting for 33 years and have killed my fair share of nice bucks. That being said, I honestly feel like since finding THB, I am back in the game.
I haven’t been this excited to scout in 20 years. I was missing the final and most important pieces to the puzzle. I have learned (and am still learning) how to scout and prepare future sets.
It’s all about he wind and thermals.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 am

I have been passionate about hunting my whole life, but the Hunting Beast opened my eyes to the potential of public land after I stopped hunting for a few years after losing access to private hunting land. Now I kick myself for the lost time, but I am hungrier than ever!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

Octang wrote:I have been passionate about hunting my whole life, but the Hunting Beast opened my eyes to the potential of public land after I stopped hunting for a few years after losing access to private hunting land. Now I kick myself for the lost time, but I am hungrier than ever!

I feel the same way brother. Like being reborn again
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Octang wrote:I have been passionate about hunting my whole life, but the Hunting Beast opened my eyes to the potential of public land after I stopped hunting for a few years after losing access to private hunting land. Now I kick myself for the lost time, but I am hungrier than ever!

I feel the same way brother. Like being reborn again

Totally! It is a whole different zeal!
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 am

I'm with you on this!
I spent my first 5 years pretty much sitting in the little 5 acre patch of woods on my buddy's 40 acre farm, mainly because I had a bad idea in my head of what public hunting was about. Dan's YouTube videos really helped break my misconceptions, and after this past season I am hooked on public!
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”