hide from humans

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Scratchman

Re: hide from humans

Unread postby Scratchman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 pm

"Stay low so as not to be detected"- the Grest White Ninja

"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 pm

wolverinebuckman wrote:
fr0sty wrote:I've had deer turn themselves inside out when a red glow camera comes on in video mode.

That's like those sheep that faint and fall over when you scare them, but much more violent.
This must have been a horrific thing to witness, and very bloody...I probably wouldn't go back to those woods. And for the love of God, don't take any more video cameras in that have red lights!
:mrgreen:

I had a buddy with a couple of those sheep. I think he called them rainting sheep
I went to a couple bbqs at his house and those poor things the whole time we were there all the kids were just meesing with those sheep. Making them keel over it was hilarious. I eventually joined in i couldnt resist
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
wolverinebuckman wrote:
fr0sty wrote:I've had deer turn themselves inside out when a red glow camera comes on in video mode.

That's like those sheep that faint and fall over when you scare them, but much more violent.
This must have been a horrific thing to witness, and very bloody...I probably wouldn't go back to those woods. And for the love of God, don't take any more video cameras in that have red lights!
:mrgreen:

I had a buddy with a couple of those sheep. I think he called them rainting sheep
I went to a couple bbqs at his house and those poor things the whole time we were there all the kids were just meesing with those sheep. Making them keel over it was hilarious. I eventually joined in i couldnt resist

Now that sounds like a fun BBQ! :lol:
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 am

I go in 2 hours before daylight most times - never have a problem. There is never cars in the parking areas when I set out and very seldom is there ever a car there by the time I get out. I will wait a 100 yards or so away from a parking areas if guys linger until they exit.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:56 am

DaveT1963 wrote:I go in 2 hours before daylight most times - never have a problem. There is never cars in the parking areas when I set out and very seldom is there ever a car there by the time I get out. I will wait a 100 yards or so away from a parking areas if guys linger until they exit.

I do the same thing brotha. I dont know why but i do.
Lol. Im not really into crowds or lots of people anyway
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:I go in 2 hours before daylight most times - never have a problem. There is never cars in the parking areas when I set out and very seldom is there ever a car there by the time I get out. I will wait a 100 yards or so away from a parking areas if guys linger until they exit.

I do the same thing brotha. I dont know why but i do.
Lol. Im not really into crowds or lots of people anyway

I will also wait in the dark till other people leave. Nothing I hate worse than answering a bunch of nosey questions. I tend to be too truthful because I hate lying to people so it's best if I just avoid the contact.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 am

Dewey wrote:I will also wait in the dark till other people leave. Nothing I hate worse than answering a bunch of nosey questions. I tend to be too truthful because I hate lying to people so it's best if I just avoid the contact.

I'm with you on honesty, if someone asks me a direct question I'm not going to lie. Best to just avoid, problem is I like to talk with people.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”