Just found the buck nest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Just found the buck nest

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 am

ghoasthunter wrote:I love it up hear born and raised we are the wild west of NJ. we are a red county that might as well succeed and join pensaltucky next to us lol.

The taxes would be alot cheaper too
Yayyyyyyyyy fat boy christie is out today.

flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 am

Gotta love finding a spot like that! I have two spots that are similar and it just gives you chills when you find an area like that. The one spot has produced a mature buck almost every year for me. I hope this spot does the same for you!
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 am

Awesome hope it works out bro dont pressure it too much find out what you need figue your setups out and get out til you gonna hunt. Next time back in there should be dynamite sit
Good luck next season keep us updated
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 am

one other thing I'm going to do is fix the licking branch on that massive scrape. they chewed it clean off this year I'm 100% they use it all year. anybody ever fix one I normally hang some grape vines with 550 cord above it and add home made lure to it. hear is how you make the lure I go down to butcher and cut all tarsal glands off the deer bucks and does and fill a 1 quart mason jar packed tight. then I boil water and fill jar shake it up let it soak for couple hours then I just dump it right in the scrape I get deer on it right away normally deer are so curios of other deer all the does and young bucks check it first and stink the place up fast.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 am

ghoasthunter wrote:one other thing I'm going to do is fix the licking branch on that massive scrape. they chewed it clean off this year I'm 100% they use it all year. anybody ever fix one I normally hang some grape vines with 550 cord above it and add home made lure to it. hear is how you make the lure I go down to butcher and cut all tarsal glands off the deer bucks and does and fill a 1 quart mason jar packed tight. then I boil water and fill jar shake it up let it soak for couple hours then I just dump it right in the scrape I get deer on it right away normally deer are so curios of other deer all the does and young bucks check it first and stink the place up fast.

I make a lot of em, I just attach them where I want with fence staples. I don't use any scent, but I tear up the ground pretty good for a scrape with a hoe b4 green up. Then right b4 rut I go in with a 5 gallon bucket of dark top soil and freshen it up. In my area, the visual is the most important thing a cruiser across the valley sees a big dark tore up scrape he comes in on a b-line
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:one other thing I'm going to do is fix the licking branch on that massive scrape. they chewed it clean off this year I'm 100% they use it all year. anybody ever fix one I normally hang some grape vines with 550 cord above it and add home made lure to it. hear is how you make the lure I go down to butcher and cut all tarsal glands off the deer bucks and does and fill a 1 quart mason jar packed tight. then I boil water and fill jar shake it up let it soak for couple hours then I just dump it right in the scrape I get deer on it right away normally deer are so curios of other deer all the does and young bucks check it first and stink the place up fast.

I make a lot of em, I just attach them where I want with fence staples. I don't use any scent, but I tear up the ground pretty good for a scrape with a hoe b4 green up. Then right b4 rut I go in with a 5 gallon bucket of dark top soil and freshen it up. In my area, the visual is the most important thing a cruiser across the valley sees a big dark tore up scrape he comes in on a b-line

nice that's a good idea adding black dirt I might have to try that ill mix my lure in with dirt bucket then dump it next time. if you want to try lure you can freeze the glands as you get them. and have a never ending supply I date them and use the ones that match closest to the time of year. the smell changes with the deer's hormone and testosterone levels so you don't want rut glands in early season rut it does not matter so much. but extra doe glands do help if you take doe glands off road kills during rut a lot of times you could have a doe that's getting hot and a buck pushed her out into a car. does will frequent scrapes when they are getting ready to breed. I don't see it often but I have seen does make a new scrape right before they go into heat.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”