Stand options

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

fr0sty

Re: Stand options

Unread postby fr0sty » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 am

Here's another good video on one possible way to setup with a tree saddle. I plan on getting one for next season and will likely climb using the one stick method.

https://youtu.be/otA9xxlzFgI

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:19 am

No real brand advice, but try to be patient and research a bit. Everyone has a set up that works for them, but may not be what you'd like. There are a lot of great ideas and opinions about gear on this site. You probably may want to be decided spring/early summer to get your setup down. I'm in the process of getting some "real" gear and I've changed my mind a few times already :lol: . No need to be in a hurry...get a setup you want and can use. Good luck :handgestures-thumbup:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
trapperjay

Unread postby trapperjay » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:10 pm

I had no idea this thread would turn into something this helpful. I’m taking good notes...
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 am

ive been listening to their podcasts and have joined the forum its great lots of good ideas more equipment based more than tactics thnks again
Dave.Bechtel

Unread postby Dave.Bechtel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:39 am

I love the lonewolf. The construction is top notch and they last. I have been using mine for 10 years now and it still works great. I switched over to the XOP climbing sticks this last year and I am really happy with the cam locking design.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV
trapperjay

Unread postby trapperjay » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:25 am

This somehow caught my attention this weekend. I camp in a hammock and something I have to watch for is cold but syndrome from not enough insulation under the hammock— air flow-is good and the but gets chilly. Saddle hunters, do you get cold in the saddle since your clothing is compressed when you’re sitting?
mikew36

Unread postby mikew36 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:53 am

I have a lone wolf assault I hunted all season with, and no complaints whatsoever in the time I have used it. Highly recommend felt taping a lot of it to quiet it down more, but that is just because I am picky, they are pretty quiet out of the box. My whole setup with the assault and 5 LW sticks weighs just more than your 19lb stand, so it is worth the expense I believe. I got the alpha tech seat for mine too, worth the $25 from LW for a much more comfortable seat if you use it a lot.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”