Best time for beast tactics?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blakebry123

Best time for beast tactics?

Unread postby Blakebry123 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:39 am

I’m on my second dvd for the swamp Bedding, and I keep hearing about hunting it early season. Is that the best time to use these tactics? Due to hunting pressure? Really wanting to try these tactics out on a scout and hunt trip tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Instagram: live_to_ride_94
Snapchat: blakebry123

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share my videos:
https://youtu.be/DQ1qTOOgfKo
trapperjay

Re: Best time for beast tactics?

Unread postby trapperjay » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 am

I’m in same spot, just got the dvd’s, swamps and hill country, and was wondering the same thing.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 am

Targeting bedding increases your odds at every single part of the season when hunting pressured deer. So the best time is whenever you are able to hunt. That focus allows you to have success when you otherwise may not have a chance in a million...early season, late season, you name it.

Early season is pure bed to feed pattern, as you approach the rut buck bedding often changes to get closer to does but beast tactics still apply. So I would not think of it as time of year specific at all.

Don't expect everything to come together in one season. Be patient, set realistic expectations, and enjoy the ride. Hunting this way you will always be in the game.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 am

Late season can be great. Deer are in the safest areas. Hunt them.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Agree with Joe, all season can be great. I see plenty of rut action in and near buck bedding too so if you want to hit it all year you will be just fine.
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think I heard Dan say late season is one of the best times
because the pattern the bucks are in, is areas around food and predicable

what I was unclear is how that related to bedding
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Like said above beast tactics all year. However I’ve found (and Dan has said it too I believe) hunting bedding in the swamps is typically easier than hill country and hill country is easier to predict for rut than swamps. I’ve found that true. Hunting beds in the hills in the mornings in early season sometimes works and even during rut. Outside of that it’s tough for me to get close especially in the afternoons. Swamps I can usually get closer depending on the bed. Some in the swamps are just as tough as hills because ours aren’t cattail swamps. We have a mixture of lake sloughs, rivers, hardwoods bottoms, cattails, and some marsh like areas. Either way bedding is always a factor in how I hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”