Iowa hunter murdered on public ground

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Re: Iowa hunter murdered on public ground

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 am

I didn't read all posts, but the local new is saying that the hunter was killed by the husband of a woman he was seeing.

On the carry side of things, this year (2017) is the first year it is legal for those who have a concealed carry permit to take a pistol with them to the bow stand. I have never felt the need to carry a pistol while bow hunting, but I hunt private ground. I might feel different if I hunted public near a large city. The other issue I have with this new law is that a person that does not have a concealed carry permit can not carry a pistol while bow hunting. Why? What makes a person who has a CCP more "creditable" to not poach? That was the root reason for not being able to possess a firearm while bow hunting, the temptation to shoot a deer with a gun, stab an arrow into it.

jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 am

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 am

The victims brother is a member on another site I frequent. He just posted this, still trying to establish motive it seems.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:37 am

And just think the bleeding heart liberals want to help these psychotic nutts. Try to heal them. There is no healing them ever. And on top of always trying to take our guns. I was a corrections officer for 20 years and seen it all. There is one thing certain. There is no help for these people or baby rapers there is one thing to give them. A nice piercing between the eyes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”