Getting shined after success in the parking lot

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Re: Getting shined after success in the parking lot

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 am

tgreeno wrote:YES...always conceal! As the owner of this sight has said, "Loose lips..."

I have been involved in many covert operations 8-) . I don't want any witnesses of any nice bucks I shoot.

I usually drag-em close to the ditch, then one guy stays with the deer. And the other gets the truck and waits for no traffic, then we do a quik grab & scoot!

Three trucks in a parking lot, 2 hours after season is over is a dead give away to something going on.

X2. I do the same. I always try to wait until nobody is around and move quickly. My brothers are always asking what's my hurry but i don't need any more attention.

SwampStalker
Facebook: Don't have it

Unread postby SwampStalker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

I absolutely try and hide any of my kills. Hunting public land can be tough especially when other guys know you kill nice deer. They tend to keep an eye out for where you park. When i was younger i used to feel the need to try and impress others with deer i shot. Living in a populated area with little public land in the area to hunt, that is a bad idea. Very dumb of me, now i try and keep a low profile. I share pictures with friends but my answer is always the same when asked where did you get him? --- " the woods"
Troutking

Unread postby Troutking » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm

MN_DeerHunter wrote:Shoot them on Sunday nights and don’t get back to your truck till almost midnight. That’s what I did with my buck this year and there was no one in sight :lol:

Might just be my luck but I had an old timer years ago tell me he has never killed a mature animal on a Sunday. I asked him why and he said he thought it was because of the pressure the public deer feel after a weekend of people in the woods. That being said I have had my best kills and best encounters on Tuesday-Thursday. My buck this year was killed on a Wednesday I believe.
The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
MikePerry

Unread postby MikePerry » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 pm

I always try to conceal what I kill on public, I also try to get any information I can on what is killed on the public I hunt, I think you have to check parking lots to see what’s going on. Minus the bright lights in someone eyes or blind cling their path.

Mike
Persistence pays!!!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 am

Troutking wrote:
MN_DeerHunter wrote:Shoot them on Sunday nights and don’t get back to your truck till almost midnight. That’s what I did with my buck this year and there was no one in sight :lol:

Might just be my luck but I had an old timer years ago tell me he has never killed a mature animal on a Sunday. I asked him why and he said he thought it was because of the pressure the public deer feel after a weekend of people in the woods. That being said I have had my best kills and best encounters on Tuesday-Thursday. My buck this year was killed on a Wednesday I believe.

That is interesting though TK. Ill have to pay attention more :think:
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 pm

If some folks scouted deer half as much as they scout other hunters and their trucks we'd be in trouble!
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Unfortunately there is no way for me to avoid it legally here in FL on most WMA's we have check stations. 2010 I went on a good run killing quite a few bucks and does on a particular WMA. Haven't hunted that WMA since 2013. Absolutely couldn't go anywhere without someone bumping me. Apparently they still ask my buddy if I'm hunting there every year.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”