Have you killed your biggest since?????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Biggest since finding Dan?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 92
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Re: Have you killed your biggest since?????

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:27 pm

I have Not killed by biggest buck but I would say this
- I am more consistent shooting above average bucks
- I am able to see buck and nice bucks on public land which I dreaded to hunt for lack of sights so this changed drastically
- I am getting closer to big bucks, but just a hair shy of sealing the deal

So, bottom line is since following the Dan, his Beast site and all the members here, I feel and see definite improvement and consistency in my buck sightings and kills.

Thanks to all!

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Biggest No. Oldest yes.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I killed the oldest, largest and possibly my highest scoring buck ever this year. Though I had several years of intel on him, I’m completely convinced the tactics I’ve learned here since February are what made it all happen. Without being mobile, reading/understanding the sign, and using milkweed to determine where to setup, it wouldn’t have happened.

I went from hunting 100% private land my whole life to roughly 90%+ public land sits this year. Having 1 missed opportunity, 1 close encounter on the ground and several other big buck sightings on public its easily the best season I’ve ever had. Almost every time out on public has been a scout and hunt scenario and I feel it’s pointed me in the right direction for this coming post season scouting.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
MNHUNTER23

Unread postby MNHUNTER23 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Yes, this is my second season since discovering the beast tactics and I got my biggest buck to date this season. I got a late start to last season so I cant really count it as beast hunting because I had very little preseason scouting time. But I did find the spot that produced my buck this year. I cant thank everyone on this site enough. I went from just wanting to see any deer, to knowing I will have as many opportunities at deer I want. As long as I'm willing to put in the work. I have learned more about hunting deer, specifically mature bucks, in the last year and a half than all my previous years combined.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Yes, and almost topped those with a bigger one this year.
llcooljames

Unread postby llcooljames » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:26 am

Technically yes, but if you saw my kill story you would know it wasnt a very beast style hunt.

However, This year hunting mobile and with beast style tactics I saw more bucks than I ever have in a year, Including a 170 inch or more Giant within 30 yards I never had a shot on. So Id say overall my hunting has improved, and I still have my bow buck tag for late season.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:20 am

Yep. Top buck, and three of my top five. Before the beast I killed 0.55 bucks/year, since 1.75 bucks/year, all but 1 2.5 and above. Any way you crack it, my success has gone up.

Honestly, the biggest improvement has been capitalizing on opportunities so much better. Even pre-beast, I usually had a chance at a mature buck or two every season but more often than not, something went wrong. The focus on details, and confidence to know every sit is higher odds has really helped me capitalize so much better. I expect to kill every sit now, even if it still only happens a small percentage of the time, and that has been a game changer for making that a reality.

Also, this thread is screaming for buck pictures as the season winds down here gents!

138 gross dressed 206 on a scale

Would have been low 140's if not broken up, dressed 196 on a scale mid-late rut

153 gross with only 2.5 inch brows and dressed 230 on a scale
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:32 am

Killed my biggest bow buck last year and biggest gun deer three days ago
RDubs44

Unread postby RDubs44 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 am

Just started so had to vote no....even tho I had a chance at a good one this year due to the beast ;)
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 am

Yes, body and score. Scouting more than you hunt and being mobile allows you to hunt high percentage spots every time out. If you can manage that, it's a matter of time. 1 for 10 pre beast, 5 for 6 post beast, proof is in the pudding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”