Beast in Scope Saturday

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bedbug

Re: Beast in Scope Saturday

Unread postby Bedbug » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 pm

jeff315131 wrote:Well hunted all day Saturday got to between 60 to 80 yards from bed in tree by 0530 could not see but could hear movement in bed area. Then shooting and people yelling out in the swamp no movement from bed for rest of the day. left stand in tree just too two sticks down to be ready for sunday. When I got to truck 5 guys pulled up next to my truck and had 3 bucks in back of their truck 2 4 pt and one small 8pt said they were pushing deer in the swamp. of a lot of shots for just 3 deer. Sunday had no deer drives but same results could hear movement then all quiet.

Ever dig in deeper or throw anymore sits at?

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:42 am

4 pointers? I dont get it. ? I might be wrong but in New Jersey where i moved from and hunted for around ten years give or take (seriously hunting) ,the gun clubs would drive every state piece in south to mid new jersey
I would listen or read posts on what the number of kills were for the week. It would be 1 Maybe 2 2-1/2 year old and mostly 10-15 spikes 4 pointers and very small rack 6 pointers or 8’s just very young deer
Then come end of febuary or beginning of march the state would have a federation meeting about the seasons
They take complaints compliments ( which are never heard) but the gun clubs would get into Shouting and almost physical altercations with each other and the federation chair members
All they did was complain about there is no bucks they are all small and immature. And they want apr ( antler point restrictions) statewide lmao. It’s hilarious
Well from what i get out of it. The gun clubs (by their actions during the seasons ) are hypocrites they dont care of quality its the number of kills.they kill everything and if they dont they say the stand hunters will get them lol
I just dont get it
Its why alot of people from jersey call it idiot week
Oh yea also during this week the stand hunters also kill immature bucks too because they dont want the clubs to get them. Lmao. Its almost comical. But sad. Who is right here? And how does a poor soul who still hunts New Jersey (which i am ecstatic to never have to step foot in a jersey woods again ) be able to hunt mature animals and be successful
Also how does one battle the current mindset of these people and fight for changes to state regulations?
What is the answer will there ever be one? Im glad im outta there
This post i wanna state that i mean no disrespect to any new jersey hunter gun club member etc so please dont take offense i am just looking for opinions on how one could change the mindset or regulations of this complete chaos up there
jeff315131
Facebook: jeff315131

Unread postby jeff315131 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 am

Could not go hunting last week, but this week we got some snow on the ground and colder temps. I'm going in all the way this weekend and use the wind and hope the snow cuts down on my sound and still hunt my way through a line of 9 beds in the swamp. Next weekend is it for the year so I hope I get lucky. I know of 3 other beds but do not see a way to get to them without just kicking them out. I would have to go 200+ yards through 8 foot tall swamp grass to get to the lone tree. May just try it next weekend just to see what is at the base of the tree. Would be just as nice at this point to get a few sheds lol.
Bedbug

Unread postby Bedbug » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

jeff315131 wrote:Could not go hunting last week, but this week we got some snow on the ground and colder temps. I'm going in all the way this weekend and use the wind and hope the snow cuts down on my sound and still hunt my way through a line of 9 beds in the swamp. Next weekend is it for the year so I hope I get lucky. I know of 3 other beds but do not see a way to get to them without just kicking them out. I would have to go 200+ yards through 8 foot tall swamp grass to get to the lone tree. May just try it next weekend just to see what is at the base of the tree. Would be just as nice at this point to get a few sheds lol.

Good luck! Sounds like you'll come out with new knowledge to the area at the least

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”