Hunting PA public in Venango

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Yinzerbowhunter

Hunting PA public in Venango

Unread postby Yinzerbowhunter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:55 am

I have recently become aware of hunt beast tactics since to my friend in Illinois. While my journey there did not produce a buck (I missed on an 8 point) I did learn a great deal of strategy for hunting buck beds. Using a top map and satellite images headed to spot on public land in Venango country about 2 miles from my family cabin. While I did not see much deer activity on our last day of archery, the possible beds that I saw while climbing the hills to get into my spot did hold promise. I had a climber on this adventure, and I hate it so I did buy a lonewolf in order to deal with the trees that I found in my area. Based on what I found would anyone be willing to take a look at some photos I have in determining If I am on the right track with thinking about stand placement? If you are familiar with the area it would be of great help, I use the huntstand app for looking at maps and I have screen shots of these or if you use the app we could become friends on it and you can take a look at my hunt. My plan is to hit this for four days in late season I have trail cameras hidden in the area that I will be checking on during gun season (I don't gun hunt deer, no offense if you do I just don't think its fair and I don't enjoy it) Please let me know if you are willing to take a look and share some ideas I am having trouble putting pics in the gallery at this present time but if I can get them to post I will let you know.

Thanks,

Dan

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”