Frozen marsh hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

northeast beast

Frozen marsh hunting

Unread postby northeast beast » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Anyone ever notice the deer seem to clear out when the first good cold front that freezes. The marshes rolls in. I have noticed this the last few years. Even 3 weeks into gun season if the marsh gets 1" or better ice the deer will stick close to the food and big timber where everyone is located and not go back to the marsh until it is snow covered

Dewey

Re: Frozen marsh hunting

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 pm

northeast beast wrote:Anyone ever notice the deer seem to clear out when the first good cold front that freezes. The marshes rolls in. I have noticed this the last few years. Even 3 weeks into gun season if the marsh gets 1" or better ice the deer will stick close to the food and big timber where everyone is located and not go back to the marsh until it is snow covered

Must be pretty small marshes. I see the opposite here. If anything the deer push deeper in. It’s all relative to the size of the marsh I suppose.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Dewey wrote:
northeast beast wrote:Anyone ever notice the deer seem to clear out when the first good cold front that freezes. The marshes rolls in. I have noticed this the last few years. Even 3 weeks into gun season if the marsh gets 1" or better ice the deer will stick close to the food and big timber where everyone is located and not go back to the marsh until it is snow covered

Must be pretty small marshes. I see the opposite here. If anything the deer push deeper in. It’s all relative to the size of the marsh I suppose.

This is my experience too partly cuz hunters are chasing them farther back
northeast beast

Unread postby northeast beast » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 pm

I would say relatively small marsh...few thousand acres

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”