SE Ohio mid to late November

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Northcarolinian

SE Ohio mid to late November

Unread postby Northcarolinian » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I've been going to southeast Ohio for the past couple of years from the 5th to around the 15th. Work is limiting me to only to be able to get down there by the earliest the 18th. Does anyone think it's worth spending the money to go down there that late? Rut activity? I'm hunting farm land and one section of old pasture and hills. Any thoughts?

RidgeReaper

Re: SE Ohio mid to late November

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 pm

I was out there 3-6 of Nov. and didn't see a deer in 3 hunts...headed out again this weekend. Not sure if it's really going to be worth it though or not. Youth gun is in this weekend I believe so it may get them moving a bit more...
tuff4x4

Unread postby tuff4x4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:52 pm

I have been hunting north of columbus and have been seeing heavy rut activity going on lately. Yesterday saw a buck have a doe pinned down in a picked corn field while fighting off 2 smaller bucks. I have talked to several other guys in the area and everyone seems to agree this rut almost seems "s-l-o-w". Not sure if due to the heavy acorn/food crop or what. However the youth gun is this weekend, could help or hurt. Depends on how you look at it. good luck
Jeff25

Unread postby Jeff25 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 am

Youth gun is this weekend I beleive, then gun week starts the last week of Nov. I always see loads of bucks being brought into the local processor during gun season.
gravebeforeshave80

Unread postby gravebeforeshave80 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 am

Correct youth gun season is this up coming weekend and you are required to wear orange if bowhunting
Terry Urban Jr
NW OHIO

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”