Best Rubber Boots for COLD weather?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ZSV
500 Club

Re: Best Rubber Boots for COLD weather?

Unread postby ZSV » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm

CRK925 wrote:I have a pair of Field and Stream 1000g Thinsulate boots I picked up at Dick's last year. Very warm and I've been good wearing them down to about 20 degrees so far.

I just bought these this year from Dick’s also and so far these have been the warmest boots I’ve had. This is also the first year I’ve worn merino wool socks, so that might be why my feet are warmer. Either way I’m happy to have warm feet without wearing my boot blankets!

“I only live once, I will not die a coward “ - Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:21 pm

I bought the Cabelas rubbers last year and haven't been super impressed. They have 1600 gram insulation on the foot part and less on the upper part.

But yes always have to buy a size bigger for wool socks and room for feet to move.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Swamp_donkey

Unread postby Swamp_donkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Rocky ice soxx insulated rubber boots with 2000 gm thinsulate. Put in a set of thermal cell electric boot warmers and you'll be good for hours in extreme colds. Minimal extra bulk, tread meant for snow and very comfortable. Still fits in one of those new snowshoe bindings easily.
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm

I heard the Baffin Titan boots are good
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 pm

These guys right here. $40 plus a couple pairs of wool socks gets me feeling good in the teens. These guys are right tho, a little room goes a long way. Battery operated socks are mostly junk, I'd stay away from them.
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:09 pm

I checked out the boots at cabelas today. Some of their rubber boots stink REALLY bad. My Lacrosse boots dont smell at all.

I have seen other cheap rubber boots that didnt smell like the cabelas boots did.

I could get the Alphaburley pro 1600 gram but didnt want to spend 150 if I didnt need to.

I can get a set of Cabelas 5mm for about $50 in a size or 2 larger than normal. Then layer up with 2 pairs of wool socks. Seemed like a cheap way to try. I think they are on clearance.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Dewey wrote:My 7mm Aeroheads are pretty decent down to 30 degrees. Beyond that I throw on my Arctic Shield boot warmers. I even use them on my Irish Setter insulated pac boots. Boot warmers really work well insulating any type of boot.

Just ordered the artic shield boot warmers on amazon as I have heard so many good things. Hopefully they get here before the gun week coming up.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:23 pm

johndeere506 wrote:I checked out the boots at cabelas today. Some of their rubber boots stink REALLY bad. My Lacrosse boots dont smell at all.

I have seen other cheap rubber boots that didnt smell like the cabelas boots did.

I could get the Alphaburley pro 1600 gram but didnt want to spend 150 if I didnt need to.

I can get a set of Cabelas 5mm for about $50 in a size or 2 larger than normal. Then layer up with 2 pairs of wool socks. Seemed like a cheap way to try. I think they are on clearance.

My buddy told me to get water close to boil temperature with a bunch of walnuts and stick the boots in there for a while.
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
Scentblocker

Unread postby Scentblocker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:38 pm

I bought a pair of Baffins while I was in Canada and bought them a size bigger so I could wear them just for cold weather hunting. They work great I have room for a thin pair of socks that are moisture wicking and a heavy pair of socks also. I use the disposable foot warmers but am thinking about trying the new thermacell blue tooth rechargeable foot warmers. I also have the lacrosse Alphaburlys I think they are 800 grams, my feet get cold if I sit long periods of time. When it gets cold or I am gonna sit all day the Baffins work well.

https://winterboots.com/baffin-ice-bear ... boots.html

If anyone has feedback on the new ThermaCELL® ProFLEX HD Heated Insoles please let me know
AntlerAddiction

Unread postby AntlerAddiction » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 am

My feet get so cold but Muck Arctic Pros work better than anything ive tried yet. 2 pairs of merino wool socks and they havent hurt since.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 am

Something that helps a lot no matter what brand u r wearing, is having a warm dry boot when u put em on. I have heard good things about boot warmers. I've never tried em, I just filled 2 socks with rice and microwave em afew minutes and stuff em in my boots b4 I go to bed. Like warm fur lined slippers in the morning.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Something that helps a lot no matter what brand u r wearing, is having a warm dry boot when u put em on. I have heard good things about boot warmers. I've never tried em, I just filled 2 socks with rice and microwave em afew minutes and stuff em in my boots b4 I go to bed. Like warm fur lined slippers in the morning.

Boot warmers are a GAME CHANGER!! I don't know what i'd do without mine.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 am

d_rek wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Something that helps a lot no matter what brand u r wearing, is having a warm dry boot when u put em on. I have heard good things about boot warmers. I've never tried em, I just filled 2 socks with rice and microwave em afew minutes and stuff em in my boots b4 I go to bed. Like warm fur lined slippers in the morning.

Are you guys talking slip on boot warmers or electric boot dryers? I use both and it makes a huge difference.
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 am

Scentblocker wrote:I bought a pair of Baffins while I was in Canada and bought them a size bigger so I could wear them just for cold weather hunting. They work great I have room for a thin pair of socks that are moisture wicking and a heavy pair of socks also. I use the disposable foot warmers but am thinking about trying the new thermacell blue tooth rechargeable foot warmers. I also have the lacrosse Alphaburlys I think they are 800 grams, my feet get cold if I sit long periods of time. When it gets cold or I am gonna sit all day the Baffins work well.

https://winterboots.com/baffin-ice-bear ... boots.html

If anyone has feedback on the new ThermaCELL® ProFLEX HD Heated Insoles please let me know

Plus these might meet the hunters orange requirements :lol:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 am

Dewey wrote:
d_rek wrote:

Are you guys talking slip on boot warmers or electric boot dryers? I use both and it makes a huge difference.

I was talking dryers
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”