Big buck overlap areas with multiple buck bed areas.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Big buck overlap areas with multiple buck bed areas.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:45 am

When you guys find area's with several places mature bucks bed in small area of say 200 acres does that mean a overlap in territory?

Several buck bedding areas may only be 400-600 yards apart.

The area I'm currently hunting has 4 mature buck bedding areas within about 200 acres. With trails and scrapes connecting them. I don't want to overpressure it but hunt it carefully so I get a crack at each bedding area.

2 of the bedding areas are in thick cover and face South. So how does the buck prioritize which one he will choose that day? Both hold mature buck's regularly possibly a overlap of territory?

Most of the areas I hunt hold only 1 mature buck bedding area so I'm still learning how to hunt overlap areas.

What do you guys do when you hunt overlap areas of territory??

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Big buck overlap areas with multiple buck bed areas.

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:53 am

I hunt them down, one at a time. Some big bedding areas I hunt differing exits on different sits, or have a friend like Mario or Dave hunt one side, and me the other. Bucks in the area will rotate thru the different bedding areas so as you burn out the bedding areas your hunts should get better.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”