How I'm running my set ups: tips and tricks for newbies (video)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BayStateBowhunter

How I'm running my set ups: tips and tricks for newbies (video)

Unread postby BayStateBowhunter » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Hey everyone,
So had a couple of people in my area asking about how I run my set ups and i figured i'd throw together a quick tutorial for anyone feeling frustrated with their current process. Obviously some are simply tips and tricks ive stumbled across from others and implemented into my strategy. So i am by no means saying this is the best way to do this, but its been pretty solid for me so far. Hope this helps some people out. Feel free to make recommendations or compare what you do differently. This is as much about teaching others as it is a way for me to find new ways to always improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6mTDQduwI

Every one wants to be hardcore, until they have to put in the work.
JShea

Re: How I'm running my set ups: tips and tricks for newbies (video)

Unread postby JShea » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Pretty much the same here.
I do use the Molle back straps and kidney belt though.
As far as attaching the back pack to yourself while climbing its seems a little tough. I attach my rope to my pack and bow and just pull them up after Im done setting the stand up.
Good video :clap:
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 am

I like the pack hanging from the back of your harness! I use a fanny pack and just strap it on backwards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:16 am

tgreeno wrote:I like the pack hanging from the back of your harness! I use a fanny pack and just strap it on backwards.

I strap mine on the exact same way he does. Hated wearing it backwards
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 pm

That's too much crap hanging off during that assent IMHO. I opt for a single pull up rope. Bow tied to the end of it and pack tied 3 feet above the bow. Pull them both up in a single shot. I have the hunters hook which is a weighted grappling hook that works well too but it's two pull ups for bow and pack. Can still be a challenge in the wind too. So I'm using the Paracord pull up at this point. Can't find anything better IMHO.
wihunter

Unread postby wihunter » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

wondering how many of you use a lineman belt when hanging. Bought a new harness this year and it's taking me a while to get used to it but trying to be safer out there.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:39 pm

wihunter wrote:wondering how many of you use a lineman belt when hanging. Bought a new harness this year and it's taking me a while to get used to it but trying to be safer out there.

I always do! Couldn't imagine hanging without it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 pm

wihunter wrote:wondering how many of you use a lineman belt when hanging. Bought a new harness this year and it's taking me a while to get used to it but trying to be safer out there.

It will slow you down but does make hanging sticks and stand easier. Keeps in mind if you fall with it on it will most likely still do some damage so you still have to be careful
Jmoore
Facebook: Jeremy Moore

Unread postby Jmoore » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Good video, couldn’t really see how you attached the pack for accent but good idea!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”