Question on does

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

Question on does

Unread postby bowmike » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

My buddy and I are tag teaming a mountain we call doe mountain. We have killed a decent amount of does off of that mountain. I have the elevation of buck travel nailed pretty well. Both sighting in stand, and trail cam photos. Now our observation is that when we hunt that in the evening, the does are traveling at a lower elevation and are picking off my firend as the thermals drop.

Do you think these does are still bedding on that 2640 elevation, then moving down in the evening and that is why they are picking him off, or are they actually bedding lower and traveling lower. I will say this that the oak trees are all lower than the travel elevation. My thought is that these does are leaving their beds earlier than the bucks and hitting up the feed.

Any insight on this would be appreciated. I am wondering if I would be better off to hunt lower in the rut if these does are travling that lower area, or stick to the travel elevation?

Thanks,

Mike

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Question on does

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

Mornings I hunt high and evenings I hunt low where horizontal trails turn vertical leaving bedding I set up below em in the evening.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”