Attributes of a BEAST?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vtbuck
500 Club

Attributes of a BEAST?

Unread postby vtbuck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 pm

This question is focused more toward the elder statesmen like Dan, Dewey, Stanley, etc...everyone is of course welcome to chime in.
What attributes are required for a beast hunter to be successful year after year? How have you developed these to become a better beast?

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
wolfie729
500 Club

Re: Attributes of a BEAST?

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:34 pm

I am far from a beast as those guys are but I would say from what I see and hear is their dedication is second to none.
Earn what’s never given.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Who you calling an “elder statesman”? :character-oldtimer: :lol:

I don’t feel like I fit in that group but will add my thoughts........

Being a “Beast hunter” is more of a state of mind. You have to truly love the hard work. If you come home from a hunt completely wore out and aching from head to toe then wake up the next morning ready to do it again you know exactly what I mean. Not many guys can do that for an extended period much less an entire season. Dedication is a real good description for what it takes. Day after day grinding it out and still savoring every single minute of it. I approach each new season as one big adventure with the focus only on having fun. Once you get a few seasons behind you it’s easier to just fall back on instinct and use the basics to guide you. One thing for sure is you never stop learning. Always adding more knowledge is the key or you will never grow as a hunter. I don’t always kill a big buck but I sure as heck have fun trying.
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Dewey, imo you are the definition of a beast. You're a grinder who does whatever it takes and has fun doing it.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:02 pm

vtbuck wrote:Dewey, imo you are the definition of a beast. You're a grinder who does whatever it takes and has fun doing it.

Totally Agree!!! A blue collar, lunch pail & hard hat kinda hunter!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:38 pm

tgreeno wrote:
vtbuck wrote:Dewey, imo you are the definition of a beast. You're a grinder who does whatever it takes and has fun doing it.

Totally Agree!!! A blue collar, lunch pail & hard hat kinda hunter!

Tgreeno, you nailed it! Blue collar. Or in this case camo.
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Maybe its just me, but I would like to think in addition to all of the accepted characteristics of a being cold blooded killer, that being a beast is also about being respectful of the animals we kill. Being respectful of the land and the other folks out there that use it. No doubt thats the case on this site. Great people.

Chad
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:02 am

Lastcast#1 wrote:Maybe its just me, but I would like to think in addition to all of the accepted characteristics of a being cold blooded killer, that being a beast is also about being respectful of the animals we kill. Being respectful of the land and the other folks out there that use it. No doubt thats the case on this site. Great people.

Chad

Good point! Respect of game .
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:11 am

Patience, stamina, and commitment(or as said before, dedication). Also time, got to put time in.
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 am

stoll trying to figure out how to be one myself, good topic and question.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”