Dominant buck ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OHBB24

Dominant buck ?

Unread postby OHBB24 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:41 am

On my farm I typically have multiple good bucks on cam at this time a year during daylight, last year I had three bucks that were p/y moving through during daylight. I always have a handful of younger guys running around during daylight on camera as well. As of this morning I have one buck showing up over the last week and a half, he's 7-8 year old 6 point with a huge body. I'm getting tons of doe pics along with him.

Is he the boss and keeping all others out? In 10+ years of running cameras I've never seen this. We had 6 shooters there during velvet and a couple of them were last year's home bodies.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Dominant buck ?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 am

Possible, I had a situation last year where two 3.5 year olds bedded on this big point everyday early season then around Halloween they moved and took over a less desirable area which drew my attention. Low and behold Mac daddy done kicked em out and took over. When those 2 bucks passed through they would go downwind of his new home if he wasn't home they would slide in, if he was they kept on trucking.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”