My current setup

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jmoore
Facebook: Jeremy Moore

Re: My current setup

Unread postby Jmoore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:34 am

RidgeReaper wrote:Posting this mainly because I want to test out uploading pictures. I haven't posted any in a long time due to the photo bucket crap. Anyways...wanted to share some pics of the gear I'm running this year. Current tree stand weight is right at 23lbs as it is pictured here.
Image.
These ropes are 8mm accessory cord and the brown ones are post RIT dye and the yellow one is pre RIT dye. Just wanted to show the difference there in case anyone is on the fence about dying theirs. Well worth it if you receive an odd color from REI.
Image.
Lastly, this is the grappling hook I created before last season. It's got one years use out of it now and I couldn't be happier with it. The whole thing is covered in shrink tubing from Lowe's and it works great. I even used shrink tubing for some of my bungee hooks that I use since they have the smaller steel hooks. Works well.Image.
Hope you guys find this interesting and wanna say thanks to everyone in here for all the stuff I've read on here is where I got most of the ideas for all of this customizing.

Did you actually weigh it or is 23 pounds what the specs are from lone wolf?

RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:35 am

Jmoore wrote:
RidgeReaper wrote:Posting this mainly because I want to test out uploading pictures. I haven't posted any in a long time due to the photo bucket crap. Anyways...wanted to share some pics of the gear I'm running this year. Current tree stand weight is right at 23lbs as it is pictured here.
Image.
These ropes are 8mm accessory cord and the brown ones are post RIT dye and the yellow one is pre RIT dye. Just wanted to show the difference there in case anyone is on the fence about dying theirs. Well worth it if you receive an odd color from REI.
Image.
Lastly, this is the grappling hook I created before last season. It's got one years use out of it now and I couldn't be happier with it. The whole thing is covered in shrink tubing from Lowe's and it works great. I even used shrink tubing for some of my bungee hooks that I use since they have the smaller steel hooks. Works well.Image.
Hope you guys find this interesting and wanna say thanks to everyone in here for all the stuff I've read on here is where I got most of the ideas for all of this customizing.

I actually weighed it
Jmoore
Facebook: Jeremy Moore

Unread postby Jmoore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

RidgeReaper wrote:
Jmoore wrote:
Image.
Image.

I actually weighed it

Thanks that's exactly what I was hoping you'd say!!! Now if I can just find someone who's weighed their XOP setup.... :think:
RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Jmoore wrote:
RidgeReaper wrote:
Jmoore wrote:
Image.
Image.

I actually weighed it

Thanks that's exactly what I was hoping you'd say!!! Now if I can just find someone who's weighed their XOP setup.... :think:

I believe I just saw a post the other day where Emrah weighed his setup (XOP) and it was about the same but he uses 3 XOP sticks if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to find the post
RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Not sure how to put the direct link on here but if you search "First Time in XOP" the topic should come up. It's got a few different setups and weights. Hope this helps
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Vanish with 3 Hawk Heliums (rope mods), molle belt, shoulder straps. 24lbs.

Emrah
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Bad post
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:21 am

Really nice looking setup! 8-) Props alone for taking the time and paracording it. It looks sharp! I would make a grappling hook but it will just get me in trouble around the house more than anything.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 am

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:47 am

BA-IV wrote:Image

How do you like your M7? I'm thinking about downsizing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 am

It's good for what it's suppose to do. I like it but it's got its pros and cons. Seat is small and I don't find it super comfortable because you're sitting on the bars if you sit straight up, you have to slump to get all the way on the seat. I still use the bracket and ain't had much issue with it.

I noticed Hawk has one called the Cruzer that looks comfortable and at 16 lbs and adjustments it might be worth looking at.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”