pressure buck bedding?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bkraus

pressure buck bedding?

Unread postby bkraus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:49 pm

I've got a question hopefully someone can answer. what do guys find more, with pressure of bucks this time of year. will they bed close to a good food source such as a corn field, with some pressure, or will they hang out further back in cattails, marsh, swamp etc. I know this is probley a question that could have a lot of depending variables, but any input is greatly appreciated!

fishlips
500 Club

Re: pressure buck bedding?

Unread postby fishlips » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 am

In my observation, there are certain bedding areas that won't heat up until some pressure gets put on the deer. There is one spot I am thinking of in particular that is a ways from food at this time of year and until hunters start tipping off the deer, I suspect they are too lazy to push into this particular spot until they have to move there. But I am sure there are spots that are close to food and really good bedding that they won't move out of until they have to or the food source goes away.

Unfortunately I haven't found a real good way to determine this other than either sitting the spot and seeing what happens or busting deer out and confirming that they are there. Honestly if I looked back at some of these spots I probably treaded too lightly in fear of busting deer out and because of that I didn't get the intel I needed.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:40 am

Idk if the bedding change has more to do with pressure or foliage change. It seems as the green starts to die and leaves fall off the trees the bucks move to thicker coverage.
Killemquietly

Unread postby Killemquietly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:42 am

Fishlips is spot-on. That is exactly how it happens at my lease.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”