Poo in deer beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
jbone23

Poo in deer beds

Unread postby jbone23 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 am

Got some scouting in this weekend and found a decent amount of doe beds with poo in them. Is this normal and why would they do that?

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Poo in deer beds

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:11 am

you found an area the deer are very comfortable in. poo in and around the beds is good.
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 am

that is a real good sign. don't burn out the area.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 am

wmahunter wrote:that is a real good sign. don't burn out the area.

Venison Isle in the Grocery market for sure. I recently bed scouting a historically great area for me to kill does early in my hunting career and found 5 beds in a thick spot nearby in a perfect circle with poo in around all of them. Also made some sense to me on why I killed them I had a big wet swamp I was next to with a huge section of open water in the middle and I always had great success there in the evening and I am pretty sure it was because the thermals were pulling to the water in the evening when it started cooling. I caught them moving to the oak hammock I thought it was because the hammock was so good,but I could never kill anything in the hammock. Which I look at now and know it's because they were walking through my scent stream the thermals were pulling to the water.

I drew this real quick to explain my setup on findings
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
jbone23

Unread postby jbone23 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm

wmahunter wrote:that is a real good sign. don't burn out the area.

Not going to have time to hunt that area this season :angry-banghead: Was in VA for a wedding had a couple of hours to burn decided to check out farm I hunt up there. Of course found a ton of good sign and jumped a decent buck and won't be able to touch it this year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”