Bobcat

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wanabhunter

Bobcat

Unread postby Wanabhunter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 am

So last year I found a really good spot that is on the north side of bog with some really thick cover and a little hardwoods mixed in there in the middle and the other side is a small ravine about 20 feet high where I can sneak up into by water access. I went out and put my moultrie mobile up early summer and was getting plenty of doe photos. I am assuming its a doe bedding area. All of a sudden I stopped getting photos of a any deer and started getting some of a bobcat. This is the first one I have ever seen where I hunt and was wondering if it will keep the deer away? I don't I have any deer photos sense the bobcat sightings.

MossyOakJedi

Re: Bobcat

Unread postby MossyOakJedi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:49 pm

What size Bobcat? I've heard of big ones giving deer a run for their money but that's all hear say. But if it's a big cat it would make sense. It is a predator.
The Fever will be with you, always.
Wanabhunter

Unread postby Wanabhunter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:43 pm

To me it's not that big at all. All I can come up with is maybe if it is Doe bedding they moved somewhere else because of there fawns?
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Maybe your intrusion and scent pushed them off?
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 am

I have had hunts ruined bc a bob cat was in the area so id say its possible. Especially if any of those does had fawns.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:34 am

Bobcat will harass deer. Young fawns are most susseptable. Late summer fall deer will relocate more to get rid of the hassle. Than the actual fear of predation.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Lu Rome

Unread postby Lu Rome » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 am

I get bobcats on cam constantly and frequently see them from the stand. They kill fawns but I really haven't seen much impact on deer behavior. Pictures and observations within 30 minutes of each other. It might have a small impact early while the fawns are very vulnerable but I would guess later in the season it's not much of an issue. Might be other intrusions that are changing their behavior.
“Curiosity never killed the cat. The cat died from stupidity, or maybe an overdose of mice.” -The Old Man
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:13 pm

I shot my best buck twenty minutes after a five-minute stare down with a bobcat in Texas.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”