Would you rather hunt dawn to noon or noon to dusk?!?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Would you rather hunt mornings or afternoons?

Morning (dawn to 12)
20%
Afternoon (12-dusk)
80%

Total votes: 92
88jeep

Re: Would you rather hunt dawn to noon or noon to dusk?!?

Unread postby 88jeep » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 am

For me it's a whole lot easier to quietly get in close to where I suspect the deer to be in the evenings. In the mornings,I never feel like I'm getting there early enough and I always seem to rush things.

If it was easy it wouldn't be an accomplishment.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 am

Last year I shot a buck just before dark and missed a bigger one at 10:00 am. LOL!

I've traditionally seen more deer -bucks and does- in the morning. The one I shot last year just before dark was leaving his bed.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

I echo a lot of posters. Prefer PM hunts early and late. Mornings tend to be much more active for me during the first two weeks of November.

I'm not sure what I enjoy more, however. Love watching the woods come alive in the mornings, but there is something to be said to the crescendo that is the last 15 minutes or so of shooting time in the afternoons.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Oct 25- end of November- I will take the morning options. Outside of that time frame id pick the afternoon option
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

88jeep wrote:For me it's a whole lot easier to quietly get in close to where I suspect the deer to be in the evenings. In the mornings,I never feel like I'm getting there early enough and I always seem to rush things.

It certainly worked for you last year lol
walleyeralph

Unread postby walleyeralph » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 am

I would rather hunt the mornings. It's a lot easier getting your deer out with the Sun out. I've never had much luck finding a good morning spot. Is all my dear but one came in the afternoon.
Flyers1001

Unread postby Flyers1001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 am

I voted noon to dusk but my preference would 10 to dusk I seem to see a lot of nice bucks in the noon hour especially on state land opening weekend when everyone is racing in for breakfast and they start pushing some wood lots it can be a great time to be sitting on an edge with a good vantage point letting everyone else push them deep into the swamp where your already ready and waiting
Rancher43

Unread postby Rancher43 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 am

Well I kinda don't have a choice. I hunt mornings while my wife hunts evenings. We alternate watching our 2 boys while the other hunts. I hunt the public grounds around our camp in the mornings while she hunts the evenings over a plot. Hopefully by next year both our boys will be hunting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”