deer vs. horse

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

deer vs. horse

Unread postby creepingdeth » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am

Since I've seen recent posts on deer and pigs, and deer vs. cows...how about deer vs. horses. Do they get along or keep their distance? Found a new area last weekend w/good sign,but people can ride the trails in this spot. I know a few hunt it, but is it worth a sit?

Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
stash59

Re: deer vs. horse

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am

Throw a sit at it and find out. Probably depends on the situation.

I used to ride in front of my dad as a little kid. On the folks property. Got close to alot of deer doing it.

I'd think it's like any other place. If the deer aren't pressured in their beds. They'll be just fine. Might actually make getting to kill spots easier. Stay on the trails until you get to your exact entrance route. Deer will be less alarmed from walking on those trails.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Re: deer vs. horse

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:11 pm

stash59 wrote:Throw a sit at it and find out. Probably depends on the situation.

I used to ride in front of my dad as a little kid. On the folks property. Got close to alot of deer doing it.

I'd think it's like any other place. If the deer aren't pressured in their beds. They'll be just fine. Might actually make getting to kill spots easier. Stay on the trails until you get to your exact entrance route. Deer will be less alarmed from walking on those trails.

Yep. I've had horses go right under my stand and seen deer within minutes. If the trails are used and they don't threaten the deer, I wouldn't let that deter me from the area
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”