Milkweed what am I doing wrong?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Re: Milkweed what am I doing wrong?

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 am

In my garage I had pull down stairs to my attic, left them up there in a crate I believe. Nice and hot up there dried them right out.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:35 am

IkemanTx wrote:
stash59 wrote:
Dewey wrote:They have a natural split line if you squeeze the ends of the pod. I split mine and set them on a shelf in the garage where it's usually pretty warm but most of all dry. Pods I did this with last weekend are already dry and ready to use. Lately after dry I have just been keeping the pod intact, putting them in snack size zip lock baggies and throw a few in each pocket of my hunting outfit. Keep the rest in a gallon zip lock freezer bag in my truck and replenish when needed.

I like this. Been trying to find a small pouch. To do this. Even perused the girls purse and makeup sections of a few stores. Nothing the right size found yet. But would have bought one the right size even if it was pink. :lol:

Take a film canister and cut a 1/4-3/8" hole in the bottom. Stuff it full of the silk and remove the milkweed through the hole. It's nice and small, fits in a pocket, and doesn't weigh hardly anything. Just like a Kleenex box, when you pull one out it partially pulls your next milkweed out for you.

Another good option is one of those round rubber coin carriers. The kind you squeeze to open.

I used the rubber coin purses in the past but lately just carrying the milkweed in the pod that mother nature provided.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 am

Dewey wrote:
IkemanTx wrote:
stash59 wrote:
Dewey wrote:They have a natural split line if you squeeze the ends of the pod. I split mine and set them on a shelf in the garage where it's usually pretty warm but most of all dry. Pods I did this with last weekend are already dry and ready to use. Lately after dry I have just been keeping the pod intact, putting them in snack size zip lock baggies and throw a few in each pocket of my hunting outfit. Keep the rest in a gallon zip lock freezer bag in my truck and replenish when needed.

I like this. Been trying to find a small pouch. To do this. Even perused the girls purse and makeup sections of a few stores. Nothing the right size found yet. But would have bought one the right size even if it was pink. :lol:

Take a film canister and cut a 1/4-3/8" hole in the bottom. Stuff it full of the silk and remove the milkweed through the hole. It's nice and small, fits in a pocket, and doesn't weigh hardly anything. Just like a Kleenex box, when you pull one out it partially pulls your next milkweed out for you.

Another good option is one of those round rubber coin carriers. The kind you squeeze to open.

I used the rubber coin purses in the past but lately just carrying the milkweed in the pod that mother nature provided.

Yeah just seems simpler and easier for an old Lyme infested dog that's currently all thumbs. :doh: :lol:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 am

Split them, strip and toss the seeds in your yard for next year, take the fluff and toss it in a paper bag, wait a week or two and you should be good.
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:22 am

I just found some milkweed pods while checking my trail cams last week, going to go back this week and cut some and dry them out. Thanks for all the tips guys!
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Corylewis

Unread postby Corylewis » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:40 am

The mentioned Dan YouTube video so you don't have to google.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6IklHk8zgRc

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”