Milkweed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Re: Milkweed

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Dewey wrote:Harvest time. :dance:

This will easily last me all season.

Remember to spread the seeds to keep the crop spreading.

Crazy the difference in the milkweed here compared to there. The stuff here doesn't grow near as tall and it's ready to pick by the end of June. I think the only reason I'm still finding any pods are because we've had a rare mild and wet August.

Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
Southerntundra

Unread postby Southerntundra » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Bigburner wrote:Slit the pods lengthwise with a pocket knife and set them on your dashboard for a week or so. They will be good to go after that. If you want to put the fluff in a different container pull all the guts out and put it in a jar with a couple pennies in the bottom and shake/roll them around in the fluff. This will separate the seeds and leave them at the bottom of the jar all nice and neat. I use a snuff can. I pack it full of fluff. It will take a lot. and then on the dimple on the bottom of the can I make a hole with a pocket knife so you can pull the fluff out. It will feed itself like a box of tissues. put a little electrical tap around the side of the can so the lid doesn't fall off and you are set. I keep 4 or 5 cans laying around. One in the truck one in my safety harness, scouting bag ect. you get the idea. I use it a lot when scouting to wind map spots and so forth. Have fun!

Pure genius idea, too bad I don't dip anymore!
Wanabhunter

Unread postby Wanabhunter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:38 am

I live in upstate NY and I cannot find any milkweed this year
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:43 am

Was feeling better today. So I got my supply picked.

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/ijr6b2u1r/]Image[/url][/url]
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”