Any dedicated public land podcasts out there?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Divergent
500 Club

Any dedicated public land podcasts out there?

Unread postby Divergent » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

I know there's a lot of us podcast junkies out there. Have you guys run across any podcasts lately that sparked some curiosity and got you thinking? Out of the box techniques and theories specifically, but others are welcome as well.

I've really enjoyed listening to the trackers even though I only see snow every few years. They seem to have this keen eye for details.

JakeB
500 Club

Re: Any dedicated public land podcasts out there?

Unread postby JakeB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Check out tbwpodcast.com it's mostly about traditional bow hunting but he's got some good stuff in there and real easy to listen too
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Check out tbwpodcast.com it's mostly about traditional bow hunting but he's got some good stuff in there and real easy to listen too
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks I'll definitely look into it
Nelson87
500 Club

Unread postby Nelson87 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 am

The white knuckle podcast recently had a four part series on public land in which Jason gave three people maps of a public piece. The first three podcasts are each persons breakdown of the piece, what they like and dislike about the piece, and kind of their overall strategy and what they look for going onto a public piece in general. Then on the fourth podcast they all get together and discuss the whole thing.
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 am

Truth from the stand
White knuckle podcast
Wired to Hunt
Nine Finger Podcasts

I usually bounce around with those four. They all have good public land stuff periodically. I kind of like the hunter profiles and b.s. Sessions Dan Johnson does on Nine Fingers. It's all about like anything else... Gotta sort through alot of crap to get the good.
ol_ben

Unread postby ol_ben » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 am

JakeB wrote:Check out tbwpodcast.com it's mostly about traditional bow hunting but he's got some good stuff in there and real easy to listen too

Is that the trad podcast that had Dan on once several times?

Edit: Remembered it was more than once.
ol_ben

Unread postby ol_ben » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 am

Kybowhunter wrote:Truth from the stand
White knuckle podcast
Wired to Hunt
Nine Finger Podcasts

I usually bounce around with those four. They all have good public land stuff periodically. I kind of like the hunter profiles and b.s. Sessions Dan Johnson does on Nine Fingers. It's all about like anything else... Gotta sort through alot of crap to get the good.

I am definitely with you on the bottom 3 (and will check out Truth from the Stand). I do wish Wired 2 Hunt spent a little lest time trying to farm deer, but Mark and Dan are really easy to listen to and sometimes I'll listen to the management episodes even though I don't really care about food plots or hinge cutting or whatever they're doing.
Bmoser77

Unread postby Bmoser77 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:14 am

Midwest whitetails has a podcast called whitetail watch. The Hosts hunt public land and he knows what he's talking about. Has had Dan on awhile back and references him quite a bit. They have a lot of videos on YouTube also if you're into that.
Hunt aggressively, not recklessly.
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:00 am

Glad to see a couple of new ones. Thanks!
My usual listens are:
Wired2hunt
Nine Finger Chronicles
Big Buck Registry
Gritty Bowmen
Midwest Whitetail
100% Wild
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 am

Nelson87 wrote:The white knuckle podcast recently had a four part series on public land in which Jason gave three people maps of a public piece. The first three podcasts are each persons breakdown of the piece, what they like and dislike about the piece, and kind of their overall strategy and what they look for going onto a public piece in general. Then on the fourth podcast they all get together and discuss the whole thing.

This four part series sounds really interesting. I'd liked to see something like this done on the beast.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 am

Divergent wrote:
Nelson87 wrote:The white knuckle podcast recently had a four part series on public land in which Jason gave three people maps of a public piece. The first three podcasts are each persons breakdown of the piece, what they like and dislike about the piece, and kind of their overall strategy and what they look for going onto a public piece in general. Then on the fourth podcast they all get together and discuss the whole thing.

This four part series sounds really interesting. I'd liked to see something like this done on the beast.

I just recently listened to them all and you would not be disappointed. Clever exercise they gave them if you wanna put it into school terms. It would be very eye-opening to the ones that struggle with cyber scouting if one was done here.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:04 am

Sadly, I have to ask, if a guy were to want to listen to a series of podcasts, how do you find a podcast? Is this done through like itunes or online? I am not very well versed with technology?
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:49 am

basspro05 wrote:Sadly, I have to ask, if a guy were to want to listen to a series of podcasts, how do you find a podcast? Is this done through like itunes or online? I am not very well versed with technology?

I downloaded the "Podcasts" app on my iphone. Then you go in to the app and just do a general search of the name. Pretty easy to navigate and use. As far as doing it on a computer im not sure.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 am

This one is a little different.

http://huntharvesthealth.com/

From the Stheallthy Hunter website. I'm just starting this one. Deals mainly with western hunting, but also delves into health and nutrition/healthy eating. Even marriage advise for the hardcore hunter that has a non-hunting spouse. It's a mix of mountain backcountry hunting stories/experiences and how to stay healthy enough to keep doing them. With some gardening mixed in.

I'm personally interested in the health stuff because of my Chronic Lyme and my age (58). But even you young whippersnappers should look into this stuff. You'll have less aches and pains as you go. Also be able to hit things harder and longer. Especially if your planning out of state hunts.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”