Dan making stands and sticks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Re: Dan making stands and sticks?

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am

Well deserved on the bow!

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:08 am

As noted about he price, at first is a bit shocking compared to other stands however when compared to a bow or what people spend on Sitka or Grey Wolf Woolens, then it isn't so shocking. Heck, a lot of blinds or "deer shooting homes" as I call them, are well over $1,000 and into $3,000.

I think of two other things:

1) I don't believe Dan would price something unfairly.

2) I have received well over $600 worth of advice and entertainment on this forum!
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 am

mheichelbech wrote:As noted about he price, at first is a bit shocking compared to other stands however when compared to a bow or what people spend on Sitka or Grey Wolf Woolens, then it isn't so shocking. Heck, a lot of blinds or "deer shooting homes" as I call them, are well over $1,000 and into $3,000.

I think of two other things:

1) I don't believe Dan would price something unfairly.

2) I have received well over $600 worth of advice and entertainment on this forum!

Especially if Ed is posting in the thread! :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 am

At these weights and knowing where my money would be going, I'll sell every stand and stick I own to get one of these if that's what it takes. Dan, you might as well start growing your hair back out now because once this stand comes out you're going to be a deer hunting rock star! ;) 8-)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
carmmond

Unread postby carmmond » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:50 am

dan wrote:
Waymore wrote:You gotta give it a cool name. How about " The Serial Killer" :lol:

funny... Steve Pagal just had me come down to his bow shop and he presented me with a custom built bow. The 1st one of a kind made specifically for me, and now he is going to produce a line of them... Guess what he is calling it?? THE SERIAL KILLER! :mrgreen:

I'm going to have to kick Steve in the but.... every time I by a bow he comes out with something better. He has to stop working/ thinking so much :D
carmmond

Unread postby carmmond » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:50 am

sorry double post....
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:12 pm

dan wrote:
Waymore wrote:You gotta give it a cool name. How about " The Serial Killer" :lol:

funny... Steve Pagal just had me come down to his bow shop and he presented me with a custom built bow. The 1st one of a kind made specifically for me, and now he is going to produce a line of them... Guess what he is calling it?? THE SERIAL KILLER! :mrgreen:

Very cool!
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Treejunkie

Unread postby Treejunkie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Very curious about this stand. I love my LW and sticks and I can set them up very quietly and quickly but the bulkiness of the stand and sticks is what I don't like. Keep us posted Dan.
Fireman324

Unread postby Fireman324 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:19 am

Just joined and planning to buy a mobile setup, is Dan's patent approved already! Can't wait. . . . . haha :L:
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:23 pm

dan wrote:

That's funny. I guess you have find another name for the stand
kgtech
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby kgtech » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:17 pm

i'll be waiting for the stands
when i'm gone make sure you play my song
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:29 am

Brad wrote:Even if its $1000 for the stand and the sticks, thats nothing. Skip that 3 dollar cup of coffee each morning for a year. Will it help you kill big bucks? The stand will. I laugh at what some people put value on, like Dan mentioned, how many buy a new bow every year or other year? Does the new one make that much more of a difference? Same with 4wd trucks. People are paying $800 dollar a month truck payments. Other than driving to your spot, it wont contribute to your success any more than a 400 dollar total price truck. Its all in what we put value and importance on. I know I will buy one regardless of what it costs.

Yep, this year I skipped getting a new bow and spent that money on things that would make my hunts more comfortable and therefore more productive (better bibs and gloves, better pack that organizes my gear better, etc.). My 2015 bow shoots 338 fps IBO and is fine, plus I no longer care if I ding the riser. The way I hunt, an ultralight treestand is better than a new bow to me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”