Journals and Record keeping

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Journals and Record keeping

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

via47126 wrote:I have a journal that I keep that is pretty extensive that works well for me. I keep notes in my phone then transfer it over to my actually journal right when I get back to the truck after the hunt when it's still fresh in my mind. I also keep a separate journal for my trail cameras. I would post a pic of the layout but I can't figure out how to do that.

Here's a link to a thread that shows one way:

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=39892

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Konk

Unread postby Konk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:32 am

I have a memory like a steel trap....problem is the older I get the rustier the trap door gets and harder to open. :think: So I started to use the Hunt Recorder and Notes Book. Can log date, time, moon phase, deer seen, notes, and a blank section to draw diagrams if you like.
Member: Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
comeback_kid

Unread postby comeback_kid » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 am

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but Scoutlook let's you log things like sightings, encounters etc(in addition to hunts). It automatically pulls the wind direction for the date/time of the log. Pretty helpful for me, though a spreadsheet as mentioned previously seems to be the most comprehensive and sortable.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”